Started converting my bones v robot kobolds. The idea was to arm them with scifi weapons to use them as a little starship boarding party. 

The plan is to do a total of 9 when ever they hit retail, all with different weapons. 

So far axe guy has a plasma gun and a samurai banner.

Then there's rocket launcher kobold

Knife kobold has a flame thrower. 

PXL_20210722_205754632~2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Awesome!  I've gotta get these guys sometime.  They look like they'd make some great "space goblin" proxies for Starfinder (only of course they'd be space ... robo ... KOBOLDS).

Robolds?

honestly you could just use them as SRO (small) and you're all good with the rules

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

honestly you could just use them as SRO (small) and you're all good with the rules

Or treat them as being fleshy Goblins/Kobolds in Hardened vacuum suits. Somewhere between a normal EVA suit and Powered Armor.. What used to be called "Sealed Carapace" in early W40k, IIRC.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zloyduh
      Just in time for the season!
      I happened to be going through some sort of a creativity crisis.  I would start on a figure and almost right away stop feeling it.
      This guy seemed to shake me up quiet nicely.  Although, I did get tired at the end and rushed a few things.  But, as I remember, the profys recommend "paint more minis" as oppose to sitting over one for eternity trying to get it to perfection.

• By Inarah
      The challenge is 30 minis in 30 days (not necessarily 1 mini each day.) I've been prepping a few figures each week since August, and this year's theme is Science Fiction: 

Team Terminator:

XairBot (Small) 49012
      XairBot (Medium) 49013
      CyberReavers I (2) 50354
      CyberReavers II (2) 50355
      CyberReaver 845
      Enforcer 847

Team Survivor:

HESCO barriers (2)
      Starship Generator 80053
      Tess, Adventuring Heroine 49020
      Slade, Cyborg Hero 49018
      Nova Corp:Female 80013
      Nova Corp:Soldier 80012

Terrain:

Gothic Tank Traps/objective markers (2)
      3d printed scatter terrain
      Crates (Large and Small)(2) 77248
      Jersey Barriers (2)

More Stuff:

IMEF: Reggie Van Zandt 80017
      Viceroy Enforcers (3) 30029
      Starship Generator 80053 #2

Obligatory Fantasy:

Cats&Catacombs
      Dreadmere wight 44022 
      Benedict Baker 
      dark elf w/bow 1128
      Liriel Silverlocks 2458
      DGS games female

Not shown: Blood Nebula Mercenary 49017, Power Generator 72611 (2)-- still in blister packs. 

That gets me to 30-ish, depending on whether I count things like the barriers and crates as single pieces or not.  Still working on getting the last few pieces washed and primed and identified. 

• By Iridil
      So I needed an NPC - and this Bones V townsfolk called to me as a low level mage. He is supposed to be a ship's mage, helping dvinine weather and sea creatures, so I choose blue and then tried freehand silver symbols. My lack of freehand skill and patience quickly showed up! But he's good for the table and was done in time to use. He looks a bit worried - which fits the character

• By Iridil
      Here is the Zombie Giant from Bones V - he's a little bit less washed out in person. Pretty satisfied, but I see that I should have done more lining/contrast with the bandages and lining for the armor - again, more contrast! I never seem to quite get it! At first I thought the face was a bit goofy, but then I was sparked by the idea that this guy was animated by three junior necromancers and the vultures are their familiars trying to get the zombie to follow the three necromancers' conflicting orders....

• By 72moonglum
      So Finally my little Reaperhovians, my first two Bones V figures painted, the Satyr and Faun from the Greek Odyssey Expansion, sculpted by Rainbow Sculptor (sorry I don't know her real name to credit her here, somebody surely will).  I think for my first two figures, I picked my favorite one of all the Kickstarter, the faun, and painted the Satyr to make a nice pair of figures.
      In case interested here is part of the sculpting process for the figures:

Satyr and Faun sculpting WIP

and then here are my renditions. Sorry so many pictures but these are figures with some different angles that seemly want to be photographed:

I think my biggest lesson learned from painting these figures was mold lines, I really need to be more cognizant of my mold lines with Reaper Bones.  I can notice them in quite a many places. 

Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with how they came out. I wanted earthy tones mostly with a few pops of colors.  The hardest choice was the fabric around the narwhal horn spear.  I had to actually see the WIP for these minis to figure out that the spear was supposed to be made out of narwhal horn, but once I knew that at least it was a bit easier to paint it as bone. And of course I can see all kinds of little errors I've made but what's painted is painted.  I'd love to see these two come out in metal. I'd buy them up right away and paint them again with a bit more crisp detail, but in all actually I think the detail on these were pretty good and altogether paintable. 

I like to usually do some makeup or eye shadow on my ladies, but with this one, just did lips as I figured she's out and about prancing around in the forest, not too worried about fashion.  One thing I also did was for her fingernails, basically painted them the same color as her hooves, without doing any fancy nail colors.

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)