Raptor Hunting Pack 44081 & Carnotaurus 44080

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good work, the both of you!

I agree with you, the color scheme on the Carnotaurus does look pretty cool.

Thanks Chaoswolf. He was wanting to paint some of the nicer minis and I was reluctant. Now that he isn’t using half a pot of paint on each one, I will probably let him go for it 

• Like 4

Thanks Oblong. Shortly after painting it, my son had to build a habitat diorama about chameleons, so I definitely learned about those camouflage abilities.

(And that Jackson chameleon is pretty freaky).  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good job!

I also like that pattern, the miniKruleBear has a talent!

Lol. Thanks GW. Now if I can get him to paint the thousand…I mean 20 unpainted minis in my stash we will have successfully indoctrinated him. 😀

Edited by KruleBear

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening my Reaperhoovians!

So just finished up this little blister pack of Shadowrun Elves sculpted by Ral Partha either latter eighties/early nineties, by Dennis Mize.  Two ladies and two gentlemen, challenge as always was figuring out what colors I wanted for them.  Being it's all funky monkey science fictiony, can't help but thinking of a little more lively colors and lively hair colors for the most part.

and I figured the last figured I'd do as a Drow, no idea if there are any Drow in Shadowrun but painting's not solving world peace or saving lives, so even if there are no Drow in Shadowrun, nobody will lose a finger.

And here's the group as it's all together:

I wanted them to fit all in one page so I didn't put them on bases, and I painted the rim black, and I can see a little bit of irregularities on that.  Not sure if I may eventually actually either repaint the base or actually put them on bases so they don't fall over.  The biggest problem is after I take them off their temporary base, I don't want to touch them and that's where it all gets tricky.

Anyhow, a problem for later, hope you enjoy these in the meantime!

• By Inarah
      Introducing the Ganorn, a full squad of 10 traditionally-sculpted resin miniatures in 28-32mm scale. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32mmscifidinos/32mm-resin-sci-fi-dinosaurs-introducing-the-ganorn?

• By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for awhile to receive paint as there was extra on the palette. I decided to finish him off last night. Added highlights to the cloak and skulls. Shaded everything, but the cloak with Army Painter Dark Tone. I didn’t add any highlights or shading beyond the basics as it isn’t a great cast. But, I think it turned out great for the toy box. 

• By Glitterwolf
      I will paint and create a Reptilian Army pure for fun.

It will consists of many different kind of Reptiles and Amphibians.
      Mostly Snakemen, Lizardmen, Frogmen, Dragonmen, Turtlemen, Fishmen, Dinosaurs and Insects.

I will happily include any monster I think will fit.
      A Tarrasque will be the centrepiece at some sort as the Living Lizard God.

I do not play any games, so this will be pure for my own and (I hope your)  fun to create.

EDIT: The above was my original plan, over time and thanks to the comments made by other Forumites, this has developed into a story.
                This resulted in more Factions I wanted to build and paint, so this Project now also includes Pirates, Conquistadores, Native Warriors based on Inca/Aztec/Maya cultures.

EDIT: And now it will also include Undead!

Captain Luigiano and his army had been travelling through the jungle for weeks now.
      The sunlight was blocked by the dense canopy of trees.
      Some of the men had contracted fever, and those darn mosquitos were a big nuisance!

He looked at the golden plaque he had obtained.
      Gold, with a snakeman made out of gems on it.
      With this he had convinced the men to follow him.
      Somewhere in this accursed jungle there was a city made of gold, he was sure of it.

They would conquer this city and become rich beyond belief.
      He looked at his army, they even had a few cannons.
      Nothing would stop them!

Finally they reached a clearance.
      The men were pleased, at least they could see the sun again.
      They took a rest and a drink, tended to the sick.

Suddenly they heard a loud roar from the other side of the clearing.
      Birds flew away, trees where falling!

Some poison darts flew and two soldiers fell, they died before they hit the ground.
      A loud roar and an enormous terrifying Lizard appeared.
      One soldier died out of fear from just looking at it.

Then the Reptilian Horde emerged from the Jungle.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaperhemians!

So my last four minis were a blister pack of Ral Partha Shadowrun Tribals, sculpted by Dennis Mize, with a date stamped on the bottom of 1992, so 19 years ago.(EDIT -apparently I can’t do math. I was thinking a moment ago, wait, my kid is twenty eight years old and he was born in 1992, so the miniature is actually 28 or so years old!)  I really enjoyed working on these figures.  The first thing was the Native American skin, for which I used the Redstone Triad to get figured out.  I hope it doesn't look too red.   The other thing was all the beads they have on their clothing, for which I gave up and decided to go with the same colors for each bead set, even though I though of doing different colors in the same string of beads but kind of gave that thought up because I didn't want it to take forever.  The other thing I kind of tried was to use a red, white and blue color theme for the accents, with their natural leathers and I threw in a bit of green and yellow.

So anyways, hope you all enjoy!