Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By R2ED
      Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors.  I think he came out okay.  Sometimes simple is good, right?
       
      Battle Report!
       

       
      Wins:
      * Cape and layers came out well.
      *  Staff shading was good.
      * metal highlights worked out well.  Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
      *  brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.
       
      Misses:
      * The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough.  I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad.  Then went back and just did similar tones.
      *  I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look.  Open to suggestions you may have.
      *  Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.
       
      Open to feedback on this one.  
      I also need some good basing ideas.
       
       
       
    • By R2ED
      Got two more nearly done.
       
      I tried do keep the translucent look to the hands.  I love the technique that was shared with me a while back about "priming" these with matte medium to help paint stick to them and not lose that clear look.
       

       

       
      Wins:
      * Both hands came out pretty good with easy enough highlighting with dry brushing.
      * The purple was an interesting attempt.  I had actually tried using a purple wash below in the smoke area, but it didn't go well.  Swapped it back to blue.
      *  The purpled did, however keep more of that 'clear' look more than the blue did.  
      * The smoke effects came out great.  I used a blue ink to tint and fill in the deeper areas.  Then drybrushed a prussian blue.  Then lightened it up to a sky blue.  Then finally to white.  Cool effect!
       
      Misses:
      * I wish there was a better way to do the cut-off portion of the wrist on both of these.  They just don't have a lot of interest there with them going from smoke to hand.  I'd love some ideas.
      *  The knuckles on the blue hand was a little too strong.  I think I should have stayed to a lighter blue more than going to a white.  
      *  Maybe should have avoided the edge highlight around the wrist area.
       
       
      Now, what the heck do I do with these?  I'm going to fill in the stone work below them to have a blue hue to them like they are getting radiant light from the hands, but not sure what else needs to be done?  Interesting and fun!
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      The companion unit to the archers presented earlier. 

      The back pumpkin is from a set of doll house decorations, the front two are from the Reaper pumpkin blister.

      Corn is made by JTT Scenery Products.

      The shields being large and mostly smooth were conductive to freehanding the pumpkins on.

       
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      When the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween to bring toys and gifts to the deserving, and a painful smiting to the pumpkin smashers, it is vital that He should covering fire if He needs it....

      Four of these were among the first minis I painted for the Army of the Great Pumpkin, and I finally got around to getting them enough friends to make a unit. The large Jack O Lantern is from Reaper's pumpkin pack, I don't remember who manufactured the tree, I picked it up in the model railroad section of a hobby store sometime around 1997. There's also an Army Painter Wasteland Grass tuft. The fence was scratch made from balsa wood.

      Painted their shoulder skulls orange to represent the skulls of pumpkin smashers dyed with the remains of their innocent victims so as the pumpkin spirits can rest easy knowing they have been avenged...

      Both the older "white and bendy" Bones and the newer grey "better detailed and not bendy" Bones are in the unit.

      Later I need to spray primer the elf outta this so the leaves stay put.

      The increased detail of the grey Bones really made itself evident while painting these.

       
       
    • By lexomatic
      Bones 5
      WIP is where the work starts in this thread.
       
      Expansions
      Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dungeon Dwellers: WIP  SHOWOFF
      Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
      Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF
       
      Encounters
      Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
      Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
      Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF
       
      Add-ons
      Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
      Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
      Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
      Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
      Maybe more I don't remember yet
       
      Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...