Treant [WZK73532]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job! ūüôā

For the feedback: maybe add something to the head? You got an interesting base with grass, soil, roots, etc. The feet are covered with mushrooms. So there is a lot going on in the bottom, but pretty much nothing is going on at the top. Maybe put a bird there or a bit of green branches?

Otherwise, it's a very well done figure. I would totally face an ancient like this in the deeps of the mystical forest ūüėĀ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is very well painted.  The thing that would really give it some life would be some bright eyes.  Evil glowing red, weird purple, Entish amber, magical blue.  Anything would help push this over the top.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darcstaar said:

This is very well painted.  The thing that would really give it some life would be some bright eyes.  Evil glowing red, weird purple, Entish amber, magical blue.  Anything would help push this over the top.

Thanks! The eyes are actually a greenish-yellow but thanks to the angles I took the pics you can't really tell.

I think this is well done. I especially like the yellow moshrooms at the foot of the treant.

If i may give constructive Critisism: I think there could be deeper shadows in the cavitys (cavities? how do you write this in english correctly, grammer nazis to the rescue!) well whatever i mean the deeper parts of the bork. I can see that you did some highlights on some parts of the bork. I personally would have used a wash like agrax earthshade to darken the deeper valleys (but i don't know if you are into using washes at all) and tried to create a bigger contrast between the highlights  of the bork and the deeper parts of the bork. Asside from that i think this looks like a clean and well done paintjob.

Edited by MediocrePainter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MediocrePainter said:

I think this is well done. I especially like the yellow moshrooms at the foot of the treant.

If i may give constructive Critisism: I think there could be deeper shadows in the cavitys (cavities? how do you write this in english correctly, grammer nazis to the rescue!) well whatever i mean the deeper parts of the bork. I can see that you did some highlights on some parts of the bork. I personally would have used a wash like agrax earthshade to darken the deeper valleys (but i don't know if you are into using washes at all) and tried to create a bigger contrast between the highlights  of the bork and the deeper parts of the bork. Asside from that i think this looks like a clean and well done paintjob.

Thanks! I actually used a mid-brown wash from army painter. It doesn't show well in the images against the oak brown base coat, but it's noticeable when looking at it in person.

• Like 1

I really love it and find it awesome! Really seamless work! ūüėĄ¬†Maybe adding a bit more depth for the branches to give¬†some sort of shadowy vibe but personally I think it's perfect just the way it is ūüôā¬†Loving the grass work as well¬†

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, William said:

Thanks! I actually used a mid-brown wash from army painter. It doesn't show well in the images against the oak brown base coat, but it's noticeable when looking at it in person.

Sometimes when i take pictures of my minis with the phone it does indeed look different from looking at it in reality. So maaybe the shadows are not vissible on picture. Is this treant from lord of the rings or another line of minis? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MediocrePainter said:

Sometimes when i take pictures of my minis with the phone it does indeed look different from looking at it in reality. So maaybe the shadows are not vissible on picture. Is this treant from lord of the rings or another line of minis? 

It is from the Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures line of unpainted minis.

• Like 1