What Warlord Games would you like to see demo'd?

Mckenna35

I'll be working the Warlord Games booth and, since we have limited space, was wondering what games anyone would be interested in trying out?

Bolt Action = 28mm WWII (also Konflict 47 Weird War & Korea)

Gates of Antares = 28mm Sci-fi battles

Judge Dredd/Strontium Dog = 28mm Sci-fi skirmish

Warlords or Erehwon/Mythic Americas = 28mm Fantasy skirmish

Doctor Who = 28mm figure game

SPQR = 28mm warband skirmish ancients

Epic Black Powder American Civil War = ~15mm battles

Blood Red Skies = 1/200 scale Aircraft battles we also have what we call Big Red Skies , which is BRS only in 1/72 scale.  Don't know that we'll have space to run that one...

Black Seas = Napoleonic Era ship combat

Cruel Seas = 1/300 scale WWII small boat action

Victory at Sea = 1/1800 scale naval battles

We don't currently have demo kits for Hail Caeser or Pike & Shotte

Edited by Mckenna35
  • Like 1

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if there would be any interest but i use the Warlord Black Seas rules for 1:1200 scale and would love to do a large scale encounter, either with 1:600 scale (if warlord wants to provide the ships) or at 1:1200 scale (I can provide the fleets).  For anyones interest, the rules seem to work in either scale, 

Regardless of doing the big battle, i would love to see a few demos of black seas and i would be interested in Gates of Antares and Warlords.

I would, however, try anything once.  I have liked what I have seen of the rulesets so far!

• Thanks 1

Given that Warlords of Erewhon is specifically designed to be used with any fantasy miniatures, and since it is a convention for a fantasy miniature company, I would suggest that one should be an absolute given.  It is by far the easiest sell to the crowd that will be there.  Bolt Action, of course, is a solid favourite at any con.  But if you don't run Erewhon demos it would be incredibly silly to squander the opportunity.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, UncleM4rk3r said:

I really enjoy most of the Warlord Games, but I'd play in either Gates of Antares, Warlords of Erehwon, or Bolt Action.  Do we need to bring our own armies?

No, we'll just be doing demo's with the stuff we have.  We're not planning on running events or a tournament.

Odds are we'll be running Mythicos America - which is the Warlords of Erehwon rules with a few minor tweaks,

Edited by Mckenna35

On 8/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

Given that Warlords of Erewhon is specifically designed to be used with any fantasy miniatures, and since it is a convention for a fantasy miniature company, I would suggest that one should be an absolute given.  It is by far the easiest sell to the crowd that will be there.  Bolt Action, of course, is a solid favourite at any con.  But if you don't run Erewhon demos it would be incredibly silly to squander the opportunity.  

I am inclined to agree with this.

If you're demoing a game with elves and dwarves fighting orcs and goblins, you've already got an instant audience; the vast majority of people there will already have an idea of what's going on and have an interest because it's a fantasy themed convention and the forces involved are ones that they're familiar with. I hadn't heard of Mythic America and needed to research it; while there are fantasy elements to the game, at first glance it looks more like a historical game. (Nothing against historical games, I've enjoyed several different ones over the years.) If I were to walk by and see a table with Aztecs fighting Incas, I'd stick around for a few minutes to admire the scenery and paint jobs on the figures and then move on. If I were to walk by a table with Dwarves battling orcs, I'd do the same, but I'd stick around for a lot longer than a few minutes. I'd also engage the folks at the table in conversation rather than just pay some compliments on the figures/terrain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I am inclined to agree with this.

If you're demoing a game with elves and dwarves fighting orcs and goblins, you've already got an instant audience; the vast majority of people there will already have an idea of what's going on and have an interest because it's a fantasy themed convention and the forces involved are ones that they're familiar with. I hadn't heard of Mythic America and needed to research it; while there are fantasy elements to the game, at first glance it looks more like a historical game. (Nothing against historical games, I've enjoyed several different ones over the years.) If I were to walk by and see a table with Aztecs fighting Incas, I'd stick around for a few minutes to admire the scenery and paint jobs on the figures and then move on. If I were to walk by a table with Dwarves battling orcs, I'd do the same, but I'd stick around for a lot longer than a few minutes. I'd also engage the folks at the table in conversation rather than just pay some compliments on the figures/terrain.

Heh.  we're bringing Mythic Americas and if you look at a bunch of these figures and think it's a Historical Battle, you've got a very warped idea of history! 😛

To your other point, Jon and I have talked about it some more and I'm going to hammer out a small force of orcs so we'll have Orcs vs. Romans for the demo table.  Why?  Because I can do a small force of Orcs to a tabletop standard in the time we have and we already have a bunch of painted Romans (other than a priest I'm painting) AND we have army lists available to play Romans, Celts & Samurai in WoE, so why not.  :rolleyes:

As of now, we're planning Bolt Action, Warlords/Mythic, Dredd/Strontium Dog & Dr. Who for Demos.

Don't think I can talk about what we're bringing to sell.  If there's something from our ranges you're looking for in particular, drop me a DM ASAP and I'll try to be sure we have it for you.

• Like 1

I am probably the only real interest in black seas but I do hope you being along a starter set.  Would love to play a few rounds and see if I'm missing anything.  Also, I wanted to ask about the possibility of clipper ships and potential rules for them.  I would also like to see the tireme and galleys in play.

But I'm willing to give the other systems a try as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I am probably the only real interest in black seas but I do hope you being along a starter set.  Would love to play a few rounds and see if I'm missing anything.  Also, I wanted to ask about the possibility of clipper ships and potential rules for them.  I would also like to see the tireme and galleys in play.

But I'm willing to give the other systems a try as well.

Well, I'll try to make sure we have a Starter box for it and see if Jon can squeeze a demo kit into the van...

Edited by Mckenna35