Popup issue?

Ech'Estar

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue with Mozilla is that I have yet to figure out how to configure the mail program (thunderbird) for my hotmail account. Anyone with more experience with it know if it can even do web based mail?

Oh, and google tool bar is an addon for IE that has a pop-up blocker built in for those that don't feel inclined to switch browsers.

• Super Administrators
My only issue with Mozilla is that I have yet to figure out how to configure the mail program (thunderbird) for my hotmail account. Anyone with more experience with it know if it can even do web based mail?

There is no native way for Thunderbird to access Hotmail. I have a method for OS X's Maill.app, but that doesn't do you any good for Thunderbird.

However, there's an app called Hotmail Popper that may suit your purposes. Just make absolutely sure that, in Thunderbird, you go to Tools -> Account Settings and select your Hotmail account. Under Server Settings, check the box that says “Leave messages on server” and the box that says “Until I delete or move them from Inbox". This caveat will make more sense to you if you set up hotmail popper.

Assumption is that you're on windows.

kit

I had some problems with this in the past. It's not Reaper's fault it is Adware :grr:

My computer wound up with a really bad adware infection. It took a adware/spyware removal program and wiping the hard drive to get rid of it. :grr:

The worst thing was that my homepage was getting hijacked about every other second (this is only a mild exaggeration).

Get an adware removal program ASAP and use it regularly. Also, not using IE is a good way to block alot of this. After my "little" adware problem I downloaded the free version of Mozilla and I hardly ever see a pop-up and haven't had my homepage hijacked at all. ^_^

Good luck!