Another one bites the dust….😆

One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle. 

E9B4CA6C-573D-49D1-91BF-1C75208BC5A2.thumb.jpeg.cd85254fbd55404e6ce97745c60c3379.jpegCDDCC2B1-9C44-4CB6-8165-EA270E209A7A.thumb.jpeg.88f84b57613056a632516d350e923d6d.jpegC02CAD4F-A531-44A4-9F00-684E1C92F2A6.thumb.jpeg.ff331c6e15780ae9e27a90ad1fbffef9.jpeg

And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish.  Oh well. 

• Like 20
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

He looks good.

I agree with you on the glow from the ribcage area, it's really hard to see.

Thanks.

I may go back and try some things to make the glow pop. That is the advantage of the old soft quality Bones. If it goes sideways it isn’t a big deal. And my son is already excited to have a mini with grass tufts added to the toy box. He may need to make an appearance in one of his future Hero Kids adventures. 

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zloyduh
      Just in time for the season!
      I happened to be going through some sort of a creativity crisis.  I would start on a figure and almost right away stop feeling it.
      This guy seemed to shake me up quiet nicely.  Although, I did get tired at the end and rushed a few things.  But, as I remember, the profys recommend "paint more minis" as oppose to sitting over one for eternity trying to get it to perfection.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! Halloween is getting close... now's a good time to start chewing garlic. Here's my 77137, Sarcophagus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Wren
      Jake is looking for someone who enjoys Halloween movies as much as he does! Jake was originally released as a special edition figure for Halloween 2015. He was sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Since Reaper Miniatures has re-released some of the unavailable Bonesylvanians for Halloween2021, I thought I would share some additional views of the ones I painted, as well as the colours I used.

(Note that these figures are metal and sold individually. Not all of the Bonesylvanians originally released in 2014-2015 were made into Bones plastic versions.)

• By Wren
      If you’re feeling brave this Halloween, Maddie dares you to look her right in the eyes. Maddie was originally released as a special edition figure for Halloween 2015. She was sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

Since Reaper Miniatures has re-released some of the unavailable Bonesylvanians for Halloween2021, I thought I would share some additional views of the ones I painted, as well as the colours I used.

(Note that these figures are metal and sold individually. Not all of the Bonesylvanians originally released in 2014-2015 were made into Bones plastic versions.)

• By Wren
      Howie’s fish friend isn’t very much fun anymore, so now he wants to play with you! Howie was originally released as a special edition figure for Halloween 2015. She was sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)