2021 Painting during the Pandemic (August's Awesome Artwork)

Hopefully everyone who backed Bones 5 has received their figures, and has something to paint for the month of August.

Goals for the month of August

•  Paint this month's terrain piece
  •  Paint the last commissioned miniature
  •  Paint two figures from my annual box
  •  Paint this month's Mithril miniature

Hobby goals for 2021

Painting one piece of terrain each month [On track with 8 ]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box ( 9 now)

Painting my Cossack faction for Anno Domini [one down]

Paint some more modern figures for Zona Alfa

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [On track with 8 ]

buckyball

• Like 5
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This month odds are I'm going to continue a few of the plans from last month, with a few other things...

• Finish building my Bones V order (I have one Nathavarr left to clean and assemble)
  • Prime the four items from my Bones V order
  • Finish assembling my 1/48 scale Revell A-10
  • Continue working on my Zaku 1 Sniper conversion (getting both legs sorted out would be lovely!)
  • Finish painting my Queen of Hell
  • Get one more coat of paint on the LAV-III
  • Weather my LAV-III
  • Weather that Mystic Circle
  • Paint my Eevee Quick! build PokéPla kit
  • Apply waterslide decals to one of my RG or MG gunpla kits
  • Finish assembling my first Conquest core box
Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5

I’ve got some Stargrave figures and terrain I’d like to do before the next game on the 28th of this month, and I joined a new start D&D5e campaign, so I’d like to get some character figures (especially mine!) painted up.  Also on the bench, a little group of 1/72 medieval/fantasy mercenaries who have been lingering, and some 40mm semiflat 18th century figures.  

Unfortunately, step one is to clean off the top of the painting desk again so that I can actually maneuver a brush. ::P: 

• Like 6

So August looks better for painting, since I am taking next week as vacation.  I am starting up a new Savage Worlds campaign, so need to paint up some player characters for that.

• Like 5

The wife wants a week vacation so I'm busting my butt getting things done before we go. That doesn't leave much time and zero energy for hobby stuff. Not setting any goals for now. If I actually do anything mini related it will be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 5

It's been a rough couple months, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Goals for August:

• Finish the Pathfinder Gargantuan White (which is being painted blue)
  • Dark Depths: Merfolk
  • BONUS: GF9 Aliens Eggs
  • BONUS: GF9 Aliens Facehuggers
  • Like 6

Having got two games of Stargrave in the main thing I want to do is take all of the materials/trash/ebays I've put to one side for terrain and have a go at various ideas I've had. Then get rid of all the lids and bottle caps that didn't get used. 

Other than that, I want to round off the various fantasy armies I've been working on, so I can move on to other things and cleanse the palette. So goblins and cavalry. 

• Like 4
On 8/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, lexomatic said:

Child portion apple sauce cups = large pipe ends/ not Mario terrain help.

We don't have those in the UK. I am thinking of starting to have 'yakult' everyday so I have some storage pods though...

One thing I've been using a lot are the caps to these environmentally awful single yoghurt 'squeezees'. They look quite good on buildings. 

What I am liking about Sci fi kitbashing is that we are conditioned to see smooth lines and curves as futuristic and desirable so you are able to use that on the table. 

Edited by Brianuk
  • Like 2
On 8/4/2021 at 5:21 AM, Rob Dean said:

I’ve got some Stargrave figures and terrain I’d like to do before the next game on the 28th of this month, and I joined a new start D&D5e campaign, so I’d like to get some character figures (especially mine!) painted up.  Also on the bench, a little group of 1/72 medieval/fantasy mercenaries who have been lingering, and some 40mm semiflat 18th century figures.  

Unfortunately, step one is to clean off the top of the painting desk again so that I can actually maneuver a brush. ::P: 

Mid-month check in: Terrain work has been done, but for a different project. :upside:  I finally finished the last of the 1/72 mercenaries and am working on basing them now:

BB3EC2D7-8E15-4F7E-A27A-FD8D434364BA.jpeg.91c30563d5c2b92706993d9a1551e6c6.jpeg

Still haven’t cleaned off the desk properly…

• Like 6

I haven't posted any goals in awhile.  The last time I did, I was getting ready to work on my summer exchange piece.  That has been done for a bit.  So something to get me through the rest of the month:

• I keep accumulating .stl files.  While I have a general idea of what I have, I should really work on an inventory at some point. 
  • I have terrain to paint.  Well, started painting actually.  I need to keep on task.
  • Like 6
On 8/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I feel like there's lots to do this month but, probably, not really. Anyway, goals.

• RCL stuff
  • Finish at least one large model for the quarter
  • Figure out where to put this pirate ship

Have finished the first two. Still working on the place to put the ship.

• Like 3

Goals for August:

• Finish the Pathfinder Gargantuan White (which is being painted blue): The Gargantuan White is nearly "done."  Really she's just at the point where A) what I do is more likely to mess things up than improve her, and B) I'm just ready to move on.  Tomorrow I will touch up the base and seal her.
  • Dark Depths: Merfolk: I've started the Merfolk Matriarch/Queen, but she's the only one.  I won't be completing these this time.
  • BONUS: GF9 Aliens Eggs: The Aliens eggs got their last drybrush for some highlights and sealed earlier tonight.
  • BONUS: GF9 Aliens Facehuggers: The facehuggers got their last bit of drybrushing, some emergency repairs (seriously, these 1mm wide connection points are getting frustrating), and sealed.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

• Like 4
On 8/8/2021 at 11:24 PM, Brianuk said:

Having got two games of Stargrave in the main thing I want to do is take all of the materials/trash/ebays I've put to one side for terrain and have a go at various ideas I've had. Then get rid of all the lids and bottle caps that didn't get used. 

Other than that, I want to round off the various fantasy armies I've been working on, so I can move on to other things and cleanse the palette. So goblins and cavalry. 

Have done pretty well on this. Not too much mini painting but lots of terrain and scatter done. They'd been cluttering up the place so quite a good sense of achievement. Also a palette cleanser as a different genre than my usual fantasy painting. 

• Like 5