Getting to Know You, August 2021

The rules as they currently stand ( we all know most of you rebellious lot will ignore most of it, but one can try)

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM Reaper Time (Central).  If i am late, feel free to post something in my stead.
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

I will post the first question in a few minutes; need a bit more coffee before I can be that coherent.

• Like 7

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 2:  What are you most looking forward to in August?

Traveling to ReaperCon and getting out of town for more than an overnight jaunt after 2 years of being stuck at home.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Being able to relax and have fun, now that my wife is finished with most of the hard work towards completing her Ph.D.  Also, we finally got the biometric appointment date to get the ball rolling on her green card process.  And I'm getting a raise/promotion this Friday.  It's shaping up to be a good month already. :winkthumbs:

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I've been having a large amount of work done on the exterior of our house. My yard is full of construction debris and I've had a group of guys crawling all over the house banging on it for 9 to 10 hours a day for the last 2 weeks. But it should all be finished up this week. Possibly even today if they don't run into anything weird. I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet. The guys doing the work have actually been great. It's an older house and fairly large, so the job just takes a lot of time. And they've been very communicative about everything they've had to do as it gets done. But I'll be so glad when I don't have to hear them every day.

Also, my RPG group may actually be able to get everyone together at the same time one weekend this month - and in person even! Been a long time sine we all sat down together around the same table without anyone being on a laptop or absent all together.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Traveling to ReaperCon and getting out of town for more than an overnight jaunt after 2 years of being stuck at home.

37 minutes ago, Loim said:

An end in sight to the oppressively oppressive heat we've been experiencing.

Yah both of these is tops for me. Here currently it's actually 74, but that's due to the monsoon-like rainstorms we got over the weekend. It's also hazy & humid here right now. Not a good day for spray priming/basecoating I need to do. Hopefully later in the week as it's suppose to climb back into the 90s-100s again (suppose to hit 92 today).

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Last week of my vacation is till August 9th, so looking forward to a few more days of fun.

August 26th..my birthday, I always keep it small and usually we go out to dinner together with the Vixens and Boyfriend.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not much. I guess the only interesting thing happening would be school starting again, but I don't think "Looking forward to" is applicable to it in its entirety.

Mostly it means my job picks up a lot as the college students come back.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I like some of the answers others have made, especially the whole "one month closer to fall" types... 

I'll go with hopefully cooler temperatures, and BC to stop being on fire.  Kind of hard to use all the stuff I have for astrophotography when there's so much smoke in the air you stop seeing the sky.  Dark grey is not how it's supposed to look out the window at 01:00!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

That much closer to Reapercon and what will, hopefully, be a nice, light adventure.

We're Taking Precautions. But it'll be nice to get the heck out of the house for a bit. ^^;

Also.. closer to cooler weather and not wondering if the haze that turns the light interesting colours is smoke from a large chunk of the PNW being ON FIRE AGAIN or just cloud cover teasing us with rain.

• Like 6