Getting to Know You, August 2021

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 17: If you could change anything about yourself, would you? If so, what and why?

Serious answer- I'd like to be back to where I was 3 months ago. It's true that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. I'm tired of having substandard health and I'd be particularly happy if my hands would go back to normal. Those minis aren't going to paint themselves, you know!

Frivolous answer- I'd like some wings please. I get a lot of flying dreams and it would be phenomenal to actually fly.

Edited by Kuroneko
Making answer less depressing :)
  • Like 12
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

August 17: If you could change anything about yourself, would you? If so, what and why?

janitorwinner.jpg.a95bec9e047d8b4abbadef0d917ad56f.jpg

Other than some health/injury stuff, because it's annoying and limits what I can do. Healed fully-functional nerves and anatomy. A deviated nasal septum without surgery. The incessant echoing/clicking in my ears when I talk.

Personality and appearance, I'm pretty happy with who I am. I'd marry me.

• Like 9
On 8/16/2021 at 7:29 AM, TaleSpinner said:

August 16: What's your least favorite place in the world?

(Sorry about the lapse this weekend; life happened.)

My first answer was: Anywhere where I'm stuck.  I despise traffic jams or being stuck in crowds that aren't moving.

But, really, I think the answer is: Anywhere where I risk bodily harm.

• Like 9

Getting rid of my social anxiety (and my anxiety problems in general) would be wonderful. 

Mostly, I just want to stop days like today where I'm too drained to do anything because I've had a bad panic attack, but it would also be nice to go out and do stuff like other people do.

• Like 10

Huh.  This is a surprisingly hard question.

I'll go with: I'd like to drop 60-ish pounds.  At that point, I'm closer to my expected weight.  I'd have to buy a completely new wardrobe - but that's a good problem to have.  (I'm trying to lose this weight already but it's going slower than I'd like.)

• Like 10

I'm happy as I am - even with the bald head, werewolf like hairiness, and beer gut. But I wouldn't mind feeling like I'm in my 20's again. Not that I feel really bad or anything, but I don't like all the little aches and pains that seemed to have developed in middle age.

46 minutes ago, VitM said:

Isn't that the place where the zombie game State of Decay is set?  Sort of like how Project Zomboid is set in Muldraugh, KY?

Couldn't say as I'm not a big video game player. But "State of Decay" describes that part of the world pretty well. 

• Like 9
3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Possibly make myself less handsome, talented and brilliantly clever clever... but probably not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Easy one, I'd like to be less lazy about things. My mind moves a million mph but the body is a bit more lackadaisical about life.

2 hours ago, VitM said:

Isn't that the place where the zombie game State of Decay is set?  Sort of like how Project Zomboid is set in Muldraugh, KY?

Just got done with another couple run-throughs of SoD2, great game.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Every one of us is flawed, and that's something we need to accept about ourselves. There are certainly things we can change to better ourselves, but too many hate themselves because they don't fit the narrow definition in their mind of what they should be like. There isn't a single perfect person in the world, and the acceptance of the flaws within ourselves and others would make this a far happier place.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Every one of us is flawed, and that's something we need to accept about ourselves. There are certainly things we can change to better ourselves, but too many hate themselves because they don't fit the narrow definition in their mind of what they should be like. There isn't a single perfect person in the world, and the acceptance of the flaws within ourselves and others would make this a far happier place.

This is all true, but it would still be neat to have magically better lungs. 🤔

• Like 10
6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'd fix the whole "no longer working at employer I enjoyed working at".  Seems like a good way to do it... I miss that job, especially my customers. 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Lose the sleep apnea and the asthma, that'd be nice. 

Could also lose whatever the heck is going on with my brain that makes doing normal stuff so heckin' difficult sometimes.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'd like to be a heck of a lot wiser. Too many stupid decisions, too many stupid ideas, too much not-knowingness.

• Like 8