Getting to Know You, August 2021

TaleSpinner

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 19:  Do you have any recurring dreams?

Haven't had it in a while, but at times of stress I sometimes get the dream.

Something sits on my chest and I can't get it off, I start cursing and fighting.

To me it's some sort of humanoid figure.

Usually it gets to the point where my girlfriend hears me muttering and wakes me up.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, VitM said:

@Glitterwolf

Like this?

image.thumb.png.531884f1e2e056ba29b80817642ef58c.png

Pretty close, I used to be scared and wake up in fear, nowadays I get angry and try to fight.

Of course I can't move...I dream that I start cursing at the thing, it seems I start to mumble then and that's when my girl wakes me up.

haven't had it in a while. But it comes back every now and then during stressful times.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not really, but just this morning in fact a dream I had a while ago was referenced in another dream.

In the first dream which happened a few days ago, I had asked for a Friday off. This morning, I dreamed that I had this Friday off, because I had asked for it in the first dream.

That was weird. Especially since today is Friday.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I've had the following recurring dream ever since I was in my early teens.

Where I was growing up there was an excellent but old-fashioned toy-shop in my town. In one far corner, and continuing up a set of very narrow stairs, was the place where they stored their plastic kits. My dream consisted of going into this shop and looking through the stock. The further I went in and up the stairs the more unusual and exciting would be the kits that I found. At first, when I woke from this dream I would be bitterly disappointed to find that all the goodies I'd found were not real. But after a while I came to recognise what was happening and, in my sleep, I would say: "I know this is a dream, but I am going to keep on finding new things!"

Sheer wish-fulfilment.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I used to when I was a kid. Lots of nightmares mostly. I've grown out of those though. I might still have a couple every now and then but it's not distinctive enough for me to really remember if it was recurring or just similar themes.

• Like 5