Getting to Know You, August 2021

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 24: What's the silliest argument you've ever been in?

Most of my silly arguments would revolve around rules for gaming systems, usually when the rules as written say one thing, but any sort of logic would go a different way.
I, of course, would argue whichever is more beneficial to my character or the party.......unless I'm the GM......

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

When I was in customer care I had a customer that didn't want to pay for a new phone, but didn't want it to be free. That required some Big Brain Time to get around and resolve to his satisfaction.

Seems to me instances like these are times when the Law of Surprise from The Witcher series should be instituted. ("Give me that which you already have, but do not yet know about." Essentially, "the first thing you discover you have, give it to me.")

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Seems to me instances like these are times when the Law of Surprise from The Witcher series should be instituted. ("Give me that which you already have, but do not yet know about." Essentially, "the first thing you discover you have, give it to me.")

That's what that means? I would've started wailing that I was pregnant, and no! how could that happen?

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Arguing is one of the many human activities that I don't really understand, they fascinate me as a spectator (particularly the super pointless ones that fill the Internet) but I try to avoid participating in them as much as I can.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Trying to keep a straight face while arguing with a Gangster Disciple chief in a cellhouse over an "Excessive Stupidity" ticket I had written on one of his gang members. He was insisting that his guy hadn't really been THAT stupid. There was actually no such charge, but the chief didn't realize that. My Sergeant nearly choked on his coffee trying not to laugh. Ah, life in a maximum security prison....

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Not exactly an argument but it kind of fits. A close friend and I were a bit tipsy late at night and talking politics (I tend to only do that with a few close friends). We were both agreeing with eachother but getting louder and more disgusted with what we were discussing. The wives eventually came in and told us to keep it down so we didn't wake up the kids. Then they asked why we mad at eachother and getting loud. They didn't really want to believe us that that we were both on the same side just disgusted with what we're seeing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 25: What’s your favorite family tradition?

It used to be cranking a bucket of homemade ice cream (by hand, not with an electric maker) at summer holidays/birthdays, but we haven't done that for 4-5 years. Too few of us to gather, our bucket makes quite a bit for just 3 or 4 people (instead of the 7 we used to have attend). Best when it is fresh from cranking, I personally don't like to freeze the leftovers and save it, texture isn't the same.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 25: What’s your favorite family tradition?

On my mother's side, it would be family gatherings. One in summertime, usually August. The other one on New Year's Day.

We often have a lot of home cooking for New Year's with several seasonal home recipes.

• Like 9