Getting to Know You, August 2021

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 26:  What would be the title of your memoir?

My First title would not pass the mods so I will go with "Troubleshooter".  Though I could never get anyone to make that my title.  (the cartoon with a man with that title on his desk holding a smoking gun telling the guy on the office floor "sorry, it's my job" might have something to do with that)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Can't actually share that right now, as it's a work in progress. Not much progress, but some of the groundwork has been laid as far as how I'm going to approach it. The title was the easiest part, I've had that for a decade or more, and everyone I know fairly well that has heard it has agreed it's about as close to a perfect 3-word summation of me as can be attained in human words (cats are much better at describing me, I've found).

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I've thrown a few around, mostly catchy phrases stolen from songs, but "Life is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans" would be a good subtitle. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

"That was interesting... I guess?"

It's going to feel like it should be a larger book. But no, most of it will be filled with references to re-runs.

• Like 8

Been on the road for a few days and have some catching up to do...

On 8/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, TaleSpinner said:

August 24: What's the silliest argument you've ever been in?

My wife and I have been having the same "argument" about whether or not Thanos from the Marvel movies is actually a villain or not. Sides change all the time. It kind of waned then Fluxx (fun little card game) came out with a Marvel version and there are no creepers (bad guy cards) in it, despite Thanos being part of the game. This, of course, spurred the argument again. I can't remember what side I'm supposed to be on this time.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, TaleSpinner said:

August 25: What’s your favorite family tradition?

Everything from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Different family members come and visit throughout the month and we feed everyone with multiple large, home cooked meals. It's a lot of work, but very satisfying.

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Bogs, Beers, and Bad Decisions! The story of a homebrewing swamp rat.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oh, I am not good at shortening my thoughts. Maybe that should show through in the title... 

"Very short and witty title goes here:"

How Mori Loved Nature, her Friends, Lengthy Tolkienesque Descriptions, and Every Art Medium She Could Reach.

:lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

Oh, I am not good at shortening my thoughts. Maybe that should show through in the title... 

"Very short and witty title goes here:"

How Mori Loved Nature, her Friends, Lengthy Tolkienesque Descriptions, and Every Art Medium She Could Reach.

:lol:

Can I get my copy signed to me?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4