Getting to Know You, August 2021

14 hours ago, Morihalda said:

August 30th: What's a video, picture, or fun fact that makes you smile?

(If it's a gif - I believe we still cannot embed them here, so an external link with a description should be sufficient.)

The entirety of Homestarrunner.com.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Morihalda said:

(If it's a gif - I believe we still cannot embed them here, so an external link with a description should be sufficient.)

I'm going to go with.... Most of what Weebl has done over the decades.  Magical Trevor, My Horse Is Amazing, Badgers, etc. 

Rathergood is still up there, at least for a lot of their earlier stuff.  Tales of the Blode is how I found out about Rammstein - well, when a year later I showed it to a classmate and she was all "oh! That's Rammstein's Feur Frei!" 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Morihalda said:

A video of my youngest nephew, as a baby, on my brother's lap, ripping pieces of paper and laughing his head off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Morihalda said:

The male platypus has venomous spurs on its hind feet... ::D:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

A video of my youngest nephew, as a baby, on my brother's lap, ripping pieces of paper and laughing his head off.

It’s wonderful how much fun simple things like that are for babies.

It’s slightly less wonderful when they’re ripping your books up though 😐

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2021 at 9:10 PM, Morihalda said:

Home Stuck

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

August 31st: What's a channel that you enjoy watching or listening to? (podcasts, youtube, etc)

I love The Adventure Zone -- I surprised my husband with tickets a few years ago to a book signing! -- and JoCat's videos, which are nsfw for cursing. Amusingly, I still haven't gotten around to actually listening to any of his games, only his dumb excellent informational videos that can be long (DMing) or short (druids).

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

August 31st: What's a channel that you enjoy watching or listening to? (podcasts, youtube, etc)

In no particular order...

- Half-asleep Chris

- Nero 3dp

- Maker's Muse

- Tom Scott

- AudioPlz (specifically his weekly Bad Gear segment) 

There's probably plenty of others, I just can't think of much at the moment. 

• Like 6

On 8/30/2021 at 1:10 AM, Morihalda said:

I chuckle every time I see or hear the "two drums and a cymbal fall of cliff" joke....

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

For useful information I watch the Legion Academy live streams and their Friday Night Fights. I listen to Mobile Armor Radio to keep up on Big Stompy Robot stuff.

And for general amusement on youtube, the Lockpicking Lawyer, Ozzy Man, and often just whatever randomly pops up, which is often Star Wars or Marvel related for some reason......

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Curiosity Stream.  Lots of documentaries, history, nature, etc.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I've never listened to many podcasts; I should probably change that. But it seems like everyone and their grandma has one nowadays... so maybe I should have one to be like the cool kids (and their grandmas)?

Youtube channels, I honestly have stopped watching many of my old regulars. They became a bit stagnant, never finishing projects, repeating the same stuff, or started "Beginner's Series" where they state "buy this because it's the best" which, as hobbyists, we all know is waaaay subjective.

So I'm basically reading these responses hoping to find something new to watch/listen to.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I watch a wide variety of 40K info and battle report channels on YouTube, Tabletop Titans in particular are quite excellent for being so friendly and building a community. As for non-40K stuff, you can't go wrong with Zefrank.

• Like 4