Reaper and GenCon

dude

I participated in the paint and take, and got the opportunity to talk to some more experienced painters at the time. That was a fun experience. Next year, I will try my hand at the speed painting contest.

But one thing I found disappointing was the lack of a Reaper Booth at GenCon. I had my wish list of minis all printed out and in hand and you guys didn't come. ::(: I was also looking forward to browsing some of the Dragons and maybe come home with one.

2 years ago in Milwalkie, you guys had a big booth wih racks and racks of minis.

Was it too cost prohibitive this year?

I managed to get my hands on half of the minis from other booths, but I will check my local store for the rest next week.

Just curious. I was really hoping to see all of the goodies this year.

Edited by dude

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I too was looking forward to seeing the Reaper peeps and filling out my list. I heard that the reason they weren't there was because after moving to new digs and attending Origins there was a serious money consideration for going to GenCon. I guess Reapercon didn't help that situation out or losing your Con man. I'm curious though if this is a new trend for Reaper, only attending Origins and Reapercon?

Yeah, I too was looking forward to seeing the Reaper peeps and filling out my list. I heard that the reason they weren't there was because after moving to new digs and attending Origins there was a serious money consideration for going to GenCon. I guess Reapercon didn't help that situation out or losing your Con man. I'm curious though if this is a new trend for Reaper, only attending Origins and Reapercon?

Reapercon had no impact on our decision not to attend genCon.

As for Losing our Con Man, Cheryl Storm has stepped up to the plate, and is now our new Event Coordinator. She will be performing the same duties at big cons.

As for why we did not attend GenCon, there were many factors, including cost, time involved, and personnel. In the end, not going won out.

Woo Cheryl!! Good for you.

I can certainly understand the problems associated with coordinating what cons to go to and how much you can afford. Which is why it is still up in the air whether we can make the next ReaperCon or not.

And how can BL members who did not attend get one of those?

Freefall generously donated time and materials to make the shirts for us.

I do not know what happened to the two left over shirts. I suspect they were given away to other parties.

I do not believe there will be another bulk dye run. There is nothing stopping you from dying your own however....

cher