Reaper paints that are the same color

So I just started buying reaper paints and I really like them and want to get more but with all their differs product lines I the bones paints the best  because coverage.  However I bought some Msp pro as well but some of the color are very close if not the same.  Is there a chart or document somewhere that outlines which colors match up with others from a different line?  I try to eyeball it but when it comes to brown and green I struggle to see differences?  I like a big a variety as possible but some colors seem like the only difference might be the additives 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One important thing to note is that the Bones line is intended to be more opaque than the MSP line, so you may have two colors that are basically the same, but one has much higher coverage, while the other is better for making glazes.  

A few attempts have been made looking for what youre asking.  One here on the forums, see here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90205-reaper-paint-color-charts-rev-5-2020-02/

Also, there's an app called PaintRack, it's produced by @CourageousOctopus that has reaper paints and a whole host of other manufacturers, with attempts at a digital swatch and a fantastic 'similar colors' tool.

• Thanks 2

Reaper has stated that they will NOT produce the same colour in both sets. There are always subtle differences, even if they are hard to distinguish. 

The same goes for their Pathfinders paints, and for the earlier 'Heavy Metal' paint sets. Those colours were unique.  

• Thanks 2