Ral Partha Shadowrun Ann Penchyk, sculpted by Dave Summers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Clearman said:

The rabbit hole that is Shadowrun Lore is definitely worth going down.  The game has been around for 30+ years and has maintained a fairly consistent timeline across game editions.

Yeah, it's interesting and pretty fun. Found this on a Shadowrun Wikipage for fans:

Anne Penchyk was General Franklin Yeats's running mate; they ran on the Republican, "Rebuild America" ticket. She took his place after he was assassinated in a Chicago hotel room, by a wasp insect spirit posing as an FBI agent. She ran for the presidency, giving the dragon Dunkelzahn a run for his money. She was also an insect spirit, with connections to the Desolation Angels, who were still stuck in the CCZ (Chicago Containment Zone)

Gives a bit of history to the miniature and then starts me down that Rabbit Hole, because they talk about Dunkelzahn another miniature that I have and now should probably start painting.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all you Reaperthalians!

Here's another figure I just got done with, Shara Darksteel, a Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals figure.    I really like her skull mask, and tried to give her some darker slightly Gothy colors, without making her just black, and her robe ended up looking more or less like a monk's robe.

my settings that I use seem to tamp down the color of these figures, her hair is much more vibrant and the features on her bolts are a lot more red.

I used bright skin as her base color, which was a color I hadn't used in quite a while so that was nice to do something different.  

I wish I knew who the sculptor was for this miniature, but not quite sure. Might have to hunt her down in the Lost Mini Wiki.

So anyhoos, more to come as long as breath flows from my body and my hands don't shake!

Hope everybody had a nice Turkey Day!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reapertoniks!

Here's a few more Partha classics, three more elves sculpted by Tom Meier in around 1976-1977, a musician that belongs I think to a command group, the commander with that command group, and a female elf that I think came separately?

Used the same color schemes I had for my earlier elves, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Reapervites!
      So here are three more Wood Elf figures, been working on a group of these and getting them finished little by little.

With them all, want them to be kind of the same but a little bit of variety, so tried to vary clothing colors and hair colors, but keeping it all in natural and autumn colors, browns, greens and oranges/yellows.  So anyhoos, here are three more:

Tried to some freehand that would tie in on the shield and banner.  My freehand is sometimes not the greatest, but oh well, give me something to want to learn better!

So enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaperlodytes!

Continuing the work on some old school goodness, more Ral Partha elves from 1976 I think:

These are all wood elves, and I've got some more coming, so I'm trying to get them painted in browns, yellows, oranges and greens.

These are their two spearmen.

Just like the Elven Princess, back in the pre-history of miniatures.  Super straight forward, a little awkward, amazing to compare these to Tom Meier's more recent figures!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaperologists!

So tonight taking a journey back to the past in the late seventies when Ral Partha was in its infancy, here is a Ral Partha Elven Princess, sculpted by Tom Meier.  A simple miniature from a simple time, it shows how far miniature sculpting has come over the years with an early Meier sculpt. Take this one an compare it to his more contemporary works, from Dark Sword Miniatures for example:

More oldies coming soon!

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)