Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set. So so so much to paint still.
Here we go. The necromancer.
I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo. That stuff has terrible coverage. Chalky. And thinning it makes it take forever to dry. Not a fan. Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."
I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works. I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't. She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.
It's the weekend again and that means it's time to paint!
I feel my mountain of plastic is still pretty big but in looking at the spreadsheet for how many I've painted, i can see I've made good progress.
Here's another one that needs to get based and completed.
All in all i think the colors worked how i had hoped. I keep challenging myself to really put thought into her colors before starting. It helps guide me and make better choices on what's where and also have my paints ready on the palette so I'm not hunting.
* pale flesh with 2 layers of flesh shade is a good foundation to build up from.
* The green in the cape came out okay. I still thinkni need to thin further. The jump between pale sand, which i used to lighten, was a big one when mixed into green.
* The yellow accents were cool and worked across the model.
* green, purple, yellow triad worked to bring life into this one.
* i can't figure out why when i look at this one it seems sloppy? I invested time to be neat, but it just didn't show like i hoped.
* after getting nearly finished, i realized there was areas i didn't paint: sleeves between cloak and bracers, arrow feathers, breast skin. Do then i had to go back and try to do carefully.
* The arrows look terrible. I need a good method on arrows to look good when they're all still in the quiver.
Here's her progress photos.
Fell in love with this one when I saw him in the VIP bag for reapercon 2016?
delighted to get it with the Kickstarter.
so much fun to paint. Was going to to just silver and purple- but the counterpoint of a crown golden horns really sold him as an emperor for me.
the xiii is a reference to the dragon empire of 13th age (which was a great RPG)
would love C&C before submitting him for yearly contest.