Jump to content

Bones V: Narthalyssk 1120 (medium size dragon)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great.  The lining:  maybe thin the paint a little more, or add some flow improver.  Use magnification.  At the end of the day, it really depends on how steady your hand is.  And, if you want it super even, we all just have to touch up certain areas.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You could try Inks for lining or Reaper Brown Liner which is meant for it.


I'm not exactly sure how to work with those. I'd have to search for some example or a tutorial. Anything out there you could point me to?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Zloyduh said:
9 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Use magnification.  


I was actually wondering about this for some time. Anything worth recommending?

I use an Opti-visor, but there are other brands out there that are probably just as good.


Very nice work on the dragon.:winkthumbs:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Zloyduh said:


I'm not exactly sure how to work with those. I'd have to search for some example or a tutorial. Anything out there you could point me to?









  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As mentioned above, the color on the wing membrane is phenomenal.

The belly scales look neat too! The gradient on them looks wonderful. About the lining, I will say it seems to me like multiple brushstrokes on each section. It's either that which is causing these irregular spots at certain intervals, or maybe you are trying one motion but the brush 'won't stay straight', which I've also cursed over a few times as well... I think it's probably a matter of control - I find lining a pretty hard thing to do, and on most pictures, I see no real fault with yours!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By planetmut
      I sprayed him with black primer, then used overbrushes/drybrushes of Citadel Barak-Nar Burgundy and Vallejo Red Violet and Sunset Red followed by a wash/glaze of Vallejo Game Colour Red Wash.




    • By Mark.Bright
      This is the 22nd project my wife and I have worked side by side together on. Posted tbis on Facebook but first time adding our project to the forums. I hope you like our Interpretation of the KS  Mammoth not sure if the is a SKU for it. C&C more than welcome. Felt with it being a mammoth a more wintery theme should be more in keeping. Enjoy. Stay safe in these troubled times.

    • By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 
      Here we go.  The necromancer.

      I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  
      I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.  






    • By R2ED
      It's the weekend again and that means it's time to paint! 
      I feel my mountain of plastic is still pretty big but in looking at the spreadsheet for how many I've painted, i can see I've made good progress.
      Here's another one that needs to get based and completed.

      Battle Report! 
      All in all i think the colors worked how i had hoped.  I keep challenging myself to really put thought into her colors before starting. It helps guide me and make better choices on what's where and also have my paints ready on the palette so I'm not hunting. 
      *  pale flesh with 2 layers of flesh shade is a good foundation to build up from. 
      *  The green in the cape came out okay.  I still thinkni need to thin further. The jump between pale sand, which i used to lighten, was a big one when mixed into green. 
      * The yellow accents were cool and worked across the model. 
      * green, purple, yellow triad worked to bring life into this one.  
      * i can't figure out why when i look at this one it seems sloppy?  I invested time to be neat, but it just didn't show like i hoped.
      *  after getting nearly finished, i realized there was areas i didn't paint: sleeves between cloak and bracers,  arrow feathers, breast skin.   Do then i had to go back and try to do carefully. 
      *  The arrows look terrible. I need a good method on arrows to look good when they're all still in the quiver. 
      Here's her progress photos. 






    • By Iridil
      This is such a beautiful sculpt! I spent a lot of time just looking at it, thinking. I did not really achieve my vision, but done is done. This small dragon is applealing enough I may do another some day when I have more time to devote and hopefully more skill. Trying for a tropical look, stated with parrot colors, but that didn't work - and this was where I landed! 

  • Create New...