Box of Goodwill round 11 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, trip would be complete without a surprise stop.

No, letter would seem fitting without a P.S.

Bonus points are the best points after all.

Anywho, the MattParody box has finished it's cycle around these united states.

I'm a bit bummed that my Paint by Post figure, decided to get off at a different "station" than his ticket read for but, next time they will be more clearly marked.

My bad.

Attached is the bonus pulls this box got for a @Lidless Eye.

I know you all were chomping at the bit to see what happened to your peeps.

BEHOLD.

Until next time.

After the Holidays?

LOL

Lidless Picks.jpg

• Like 11

23 hours ago, Marc said:

Yep!!

It’s very evocative.  

Of course, I’m old enough to remember ‘zines as a regular means of communication, rather than an artistic statement:

F77ABB96-BDE5-4C3F-A13C-7649EA516FA4.jpeg.315c1a395287e698d1218c3ece7b6f7e.jpeg

For example.  Bought new, while I was a student (and gamer) at the University of Michigan….

Edited by Chaoswolf
removed commercial link
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Heh, I see the "Witch Familiar" from White Werewolf Tavern - the wooden automaton in the pointed hat and cape (looks like his staff is broken, though)...

I bought one of those myself. He's awesome.

AH!

Thank you for the information.

Very cool

• Like 3

Blurry photo time - I'm definitely not an A-class photographer:

IMG_20210217_175126.thumb.jpg.2569329f4895b882141265a968dc6b62.jpg

Hope nobody downstream of me was looking for Chronoscope figures, I cleared just about all of them out! 

A lot for me to like in this box, but my favorites might be the metal (25mm?) post-apocalyptic gangers - not sure what those were intended for (Gamma World, maybe?), but they're cool.  The Wildspire townfolk are great NPC characters, I couldn't pass them up either, and stuff like the furniture and the goblin/redcap guys with pointy hats are always useful.  Those sci-fi animal-people put a smile on my face, too - I pulled those out for my sister, but I'm mighty tempted to keep them myself; I will definitely send her the Chibi-people, and probably the not-T.A.R.D.I.S.; also, I think I know someone who collects those Metal Earth tanks and aircraft - so this was a great haul for stocking-stuffers!  

Thank you, everyone! 

Now, I just need to figure out how to fit everything else plus my additions back into that box - I think removing the T.A.R.D.I.S. from the equation did something to the internal dimensions of that box, because it seems like just removing that removed a lot of empty space from the box!

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 9

16 hours ago, YronimosW said:

Now, I just need to figure out how to fit everything else plus my additions back into that box - I think removing the T.A.R.D.I.S. from the equation did something to the internal dimensions of that box, because it seems like just removing that removed a lot of empty space from the box!

Lol - I told ya repacking the box was gonna be hard... ::D:

I put those Metal Earth tanks in there awhile back - I figured with all the military modelers on here sooner or later somebody was gonna grab em. 

Who was the manufacturer on those 25mm metal guys? If I remember right, I think they may have been from the Ral Partha Shadowrun line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...and here's what I took.

20220102_204437.thumb.jpg.0098c2b580aef4da70fc3f3a0ca5ee23.jpg

20220102_204719.thumb.jpg.92b94d13847e38f5f134c9ff440054be.jpg

There seemed like about a 60% turnover in my box, so that's pretty cool. 

I've already gone ahead and restocked my box and its ready to go. We'll do the next one in a few months unless everyone wants a different time frame.

• Like 7