44123:- Frost Giant Heroine WIP

On 9/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, paintybeard said:

Thanks for ,making a start on this figure and sharing the whole process. I ordered 2, (because... reasons...) I'm quite stupidly uncertain about how to go about them and truly value your insights.

Glad to be of some help!

My main suggestion would be to consider leaving her arms off for as long as possible, I've made such a mess on mine trying to get my brush under them.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:41 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Great progress!

Love the colours so far.

Thanks!

wmOXRnp.jpg

Thought I'd have this done but her unnecessarily complicated boots have been a real time soak.

Started with her little bit of trousers in Cold Grey with Iraqi Sand stitches, plus Oily Steel knee-pads.

Then I basecoated her boots in Leather Brown, picked out the straps and stitches in Red Leather, fur in Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow (the larger parts also a Bonewhite drybrush) and some Bronze staple/buckle things. It all got hit with a Brown Wash (except the larger fur bits, they'll get a Sepia Wash when the rest is dry).

Tidy everything up tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/17/2021 at 10:29 PM, AussieAusborn said:

Looking great! I love watching your stuff through the process.

Thanks!

Basiylp.jpg

Finished off her boots by giving the fur a Sepia Wash and then using the base colours as a highlight.

Next, they got Oily Steel metal heel guards, and little decorations that I think are feathers (they're a base coat of Stormy Blue/Pure Black, little striations of Stormy Blue/Ghost Grey and then a Blue Wash).

I never got around to putting any Primer on her base so that's the next job.

• Like 5