• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Annie
      Hi chums!

This is the latest Kickstarter project, expanding our fantasy range this time, and bringing light to the ones we have that might not have been noticed. Along with some super cool female minis, we have some brand new scenics too, and a whole bunch of add on bundles.
      I'll post more on the lead up, but for now if you're interested, could you click the "notify me" on the pre launch page and it will help the algorithms, and you know algorithms are the new gods!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/definitely-not-damsels-28mm-women-warriors-for-ttrpg

• By Darcstaar
      Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.

I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer.  There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up.  I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them.  We’ll see how that worked.
    • By Inarah
      Venomous Flowers by PrintYourMonsters.  These are 3d resin prints.  Of course, they might also be only harmless spring flowers on some sci-fi world. 

The smallest one is a bit over 1" across, the largest is taller than a humanoid figure.  Overall I've been very happy with the Plants and Rocks files. 

• By Darcstaar
      I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.

So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.

I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.

I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.

Don’t buy it.  I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.

To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
      It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick.  It didn’t crackle at all!

So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.

The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.”  Pfft, who has time for that extra step?

Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.

1 inch

2 inch.

Lousy!
      So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.

This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.

This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.

I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it.  Not pictured.

This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.

Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium.  It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
    • By Toben
      The finished version of the mini WiP I was sharing earlier today.

I tried to use washes and played with basing this time around.

Any suggestions would be great as I don't feel as proud for this one as I did the Dark Chronicler Astrid I did back on May.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)