Crowley

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/14/2021 at 3:07 PM, Crowley said:

Question for September 14:

If you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?

If you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would it be

Marilyn Monroe

what would you do?

A Wolf never tells...

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would it be

Marilyn Monroe

what would you do?

A Wolf never tells...

If you stand on that infamous subway grate with her, glitter is bound to get all over her... and ruin her dress!

• Haha 11

On 9/14/2021 at 7:07 AM, Crowley said:

Question for September 14:

If you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?

Catherine the Great. She sounds like a real hoot. Probably make “girls gone wild” look tame.

56 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

If you stand on that infamous subway grate with her, glitter is bound to get all over her... and ruin her dress!

Pft. Marilyn would love the glitter. She’s another that I’d love to meet. She just sounds like a really lovely, interesting person. And she probably needs some hugs.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Pft. Marilyn would love the glitter. She’s another that I’d love to meet. She just sounds like a really lovely, interesting person. And she probably needs some hugs.

She probably would love the glitter, without a doubt. But then she'd be covered in craft herpes, as would that iconic dress! I don't know if dry cleaning can get rid of glitter.

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Late question for September 15

What's got you distracted today?

Pretty much just...yes.

I've got what I'm supposed to be working on for work. I've got work chats about multiple things going on.  I've had two meetings.  I have chats about our Legion nights at the FLGS, since last night was Legion night. I've got chats about this upcoming race weekend, with the info as to what all is racing changing since yesterday. And I've got my brain waiting to get my office organized now that my back is feeling better while I'm trying to do all the rest. And I'm actually in the mood to paint.  But my painting desk is covered with dragons, while I have my closet torn apart.....

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Late question for September 15

What's got you distracted today?

The earthquake activity going on in La Palma. It matches the pattern of magma moving to the surface, and La Palma is where a giant chunk of the island is loose. If an eruption shakes that chunk into the sea at once, then there is a possibility for an Atlantic mega tsunami. Granted the odds are against the mega tsunami scenario, the 1949 eruption didn't cause one, but considering the high strangeness of the last few years, I won't count it out either. 

The activity in La Palma seems to coincide with the renewal of the eruption in Iceland, which I find interesting. Is this the sign of an increase in volcanic activity in general...or is this a sign of a great unknown Something stirring into wakefulness for the first time in ages, and the volcanos are merely side effects of it's awakening as it prepares to rend it's way through the earth's crust to slake it's eternally hungering maw...

• Like 11
  • Haha 1