Crowley

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

Share something you're enjoying this weekend, and why it makes you happy.

LadyC and I are going for a nice dinner tonight, nothing fancy, just a date night. 37+ years and we still hold hands.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

Reading through the new Grey Knights codex for 40K, which I finally got after a bit of a roller coaster. Because of a bit of a kerfuffel with their website, last month GW had sent me the French version and by the time they could get back to me the English version was out of stock so I had to take the refund. Just recently I managed to find a game store in London, Ontario that carried both the book and are the only place in Canada that's not selling Stynylrez metal primer for an exhorbitant amount of money, which is extremely difficult to find in the first place.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

pringlesandcoke.jpg.8d7d45b6366e767a310e463387a9dc66.jpg

Found the chips in the discount bin at the grocery, and thought "for $0.89, why not?" Tastes pleasantly like spicy chicken, until the potato kicks in; I'm impressed. Plus, it's a cheap pringles can, which is always useful for hobbying in some way. As for the can of Coke, well, I'm just addicted.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

Went grocery shopping at the big supermarket today which I always find oddly enjoyable. I just like wandering up and down the aisles, picking up stuff that's not on the list.

This time I got a couple Tex Mex meal kits, one makes taco bowls, the other crunchy nacho wraps. 

• Like 11

Weekend Quest

Colorado Paint club.  four of us that made it to Reapercon this year,  five that didn't 

so we shared stories and Swag as well as advice and comradery.

then there was the Massive mini giveaway.   One of the older members of the club, who recently passed,  left her unpainted collection to the club. 

Sophie's dated back to 2005,  a couple of massive dragons from Bones 1,  random boxes of bones and metal.  One the newest painters who mostly used craft paints until today got a full collection  of MSP 

I inherited her airbrush and compressor! 

I have been on the fence about airbrushing, and the expense as well as the extra time to learn new skills and the space required to store and use one have always prevented me from trying it.   Most of the rest of the group who had an interest already had one ore more of them, 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 13

20 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

While most of this weekend has been dedicated to gaming (it’s Gencon Online), I carved the time back out to go dancing with my wife last night.  Ballroom dance is “our” thing, and it makes me happy to be doing something with her that we both love.  

This wasn’t last night; it was from my son’s wedding in the before times, but it gives the idea.  We don’t usually have pictures of dancing; it’s tough to capture in a still shot.

47893847-4564-4CD8-8559-725C55F7DD4B.jpeg.b98ef84dee98a94e1cc6190d9ffc14d8.jpeg

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

Weekends are  —/thinks/— 52 hours long [?], there are only 18 hours left in this one, and I have entirely failed to perpetrate any fun. 

Haven’t managed to draw anything,

Didn’t get any painting in,

I’ve played no games,

I was too tired to stay awake during Reaper Errant,

Didn’t get any new packages or toys,

Didn’t go anywhere or do anything out of the house,

. . . . . .

:upside: :mellow:

• Sad 9

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

Peace and quiet. For most of the weekend, I have been the only person at home.

This doesn't necessarily make me happy; it's more of a chance to recharge.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:55 AM, Crowley said:

Weekend Quest

The weather! It's so super nice outside right now, and I'm so happy. I promised Lilly we'd go for a walk today, now we just have to pick a location. I think we'll walk down to the slough and if we're feeling super ambitious, load the canoe on the roof later and drive back. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, paintybeard said:

The way my local team will drop everything, including a wedding, to save lives at sea;

242259450_355652239591698_2488049387478177701_n.thumb.jpg.c2e120c96457592287cb5d99b802c968.jpg

242155510_405574307608434_2605501020750204643_n.thumb.jpg.bfc7a8f802ffd2a82fdea7fa5484cf33.jpg

I must know more!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1