Getting To Know You, September

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday September 22

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

What do you do for yourself when you need to find a bit of balance?

Walking. Ideally in the woods.

• Like 12
  • Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

What is so great about being balanced? As a biped I find being in a state of dynamic imbalance perfectly satisfactory.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

Step back from the situation.  Re-evaluate priorities. Re-assess needs. Set new goals. 

A quiet space, some personal time, and a cup of tea can be a great help with the process. 

• Like 9

Question for Tuesday Sept 21

Today is the last day of summer. When you think of the season, what is the essence of what summer means to you?

Traveling, road trips, camping. 

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

Going out for a run or walk - 15min at least, movement, and time to myself.    Also crying in the car is an option, but not as purposeful, more of an activity of opportunity. 

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

Step one: find kitty

Step two: place self and kitty on bed

Step three: stroke kitty until kitty purrs. Enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Step one: find kitty

Step two: place self and kitty on bed

Step three: stroke kitty until kitty purrs. Enjoy!

This. So much this. It's especially awesome when said kitteh started off as a tiny, angry feral floof and nowadays they start purring as soon as you pick them up :wub:

(this is his "cuddles please!" face)

114915867_IMG_20210909_1544303582.thumb.jpg.7f2bc6791eb9adfdf6705ba71a3cb39b.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

Well, first and foremost, stop carrying the heavy box unevenly...  I've found that definitely helps.  Also, don't put your keys and scanner on the same side (Hino key ring gets a bit heavy when you've got two giant keyfobs, two keys, and a key set on it) 

As for the other version of balance, ah unno.  I'd say sit down at the workbench and work on something, but I'm still coming back fairly tired after work, so... Ah unno. 

• Like 10
18 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for September 23rd

What's something you've been putting off doing? What will finally push you to get it done?

Upgrading my phone to something 5g compatible.  The looming end-of-year deadline to do it is what will push me to get it done.

• Like 10
31 minutes ago, Crowley said:

What's something you've been putting off doing? What will finally push you to get it done?

Pivoting my entire painting desk/paint rack/hobby storage cubby 90°. It'll give me more space to move and will mean that I won't have to turn sideways to see what's happening outside at the bird feeders. 

What's stopping me? A whole bunch of physical issues and a temporarily low stamina bar. My 400 bottle paint rack is also a bit of a concern- do I try to move it as it is, or should I try and remove all the paints and risk messing up the carefully placed order? What if I mess it up? 

As you can see, analysis paralysis has been a bit rampant lately :wacko:

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
49 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I desperately need to replace the privacy fence around a portion of my backyard. It's nearly falling over in places and portions of the wood have rotted out. The only reason it's not done is the same reason it's in the state it's in... the construction guys next door. There's a bunch of really poorly built condos across one alley from us where the fence is in disrepair. They are using the most bottom of the barrel workers they can find on this place (seriously, I watched a plumber open up his work van the other day and dozens of empty beer bottles fell out) and those guys have no respect for anyone's property. So they've driven into my fence multiple times causing most of the damage. It's not worth suing over and the city doesn't care, so this is going to keep happening until they're done over there. As such I'm in no hurry to buy an expensive fence just for them to drive into it again. Once it's done though I'll be getting a fence guy out to replace it. I've already had several quotes, so it's just a matter of waiting on the folks next door to finish up. It's been going on for three years now though, so no idea when it will actually be finished.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I expect my wife has a longer list, but.....

Hobby related:
1) Finish organizing closet/mini storage.  I hurt my back taking it apart.  The mess is making me want to get back at it now that my back has improved.
2) Get back to painting....see #1.
3) get minis in storage room put away, organized.  See #1.  This will get a push soon, as I'm hoping to be able to move my table for SW Legion in there for the winter and have room to play.

Not Hobby related:

a) finish clothesline step.  Will be finished as soon as I find a 1x4 deckboard and some 2 and a half inch deck screws.  And have some nice weather...power tools + rain is a bad combo.

b) replace the main bathroom toilet.  Once I know when my back surgery will be this will have top priority.

c) replace the kitchen taps.  The new ones have been in the storage room for most of a year.  Installing them kills my neck and shoulders.  But the old ones are getting really bad, so once the track closes it will be more of a priority.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Sigh... I get overexcited when new minis come in and now have too many going at the same time. A kick in the pants might work.

IMG_0915.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Hobbying. Any kind.

Ever since I started the new job and moved, I feel like I just can't get into anything anymore. It's not even a matter of not having enough time. The time is there, but my mind is in a rut.

What will help is that next month I should be able to consult a neuropsychologist for an adult ADHD diagnosis, or whatever it is they find. I already suspect my heart meds are making my lack of general motivation worse.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1