Getting To Know You, September

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for September 23rd

What's something you've been putting off doing? What will finally push you to get it done?

Mostly yard work, because it's been overwhelmingly hot and humid this summer.  We've also had lots of rain so the weeds are all 3ft taller than when I stopped clearing stuff in June.  This morning was in the 50's so it will be a good day to do some of the harder jobs without risking heat exhaustion.  I also have deck trellis to finish painting and get nailed up.  

• Like 12
  • Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

What's something you've been putting off doing? What will finally push you to get it done?

Right now is finally put together a computer desk I ordered in June. My wife is leaving for a concert in Bend OR next Tuesday & she'll be gone until Friday evening, so I may find some motivation while she is gone, we shall see.

• Like 12
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Getting my Primaris Captain finished. Finding it hard to get motiation to continue, and I have a lot of things that distract me from it. Sometimes I just push myself and touch things up to get some progress on it.

• Like 11

Answering this question....

Hey! I just did!

• Haha 11

I've got to purge a lot of stuff from the basement, old electronics and stuff. General lack of motivation and not wanting to make several trips to the recycle center to drop stuff off (including paying $10 per TV or monitor) is making me not want to deal with it. I'd probably do it if I was told I had free reign to throw out anything older than 6 years without having to have a pow-wow on whether we should keep it. That and if I get the space cleared out by it.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, Crowley said:

We need to change the air filters in our air purifiers. The little red light has been on for... a while on the one downstairs and we realized earlier this week the other one upstairs has done the same. I think the push we've gotten is that our cat who spends almost all her time upstairs started sneezing a lot. So going to to that soon and hope the sneezing stops, if not it's another trip to the vet.

Also, need to move the TV's of my mom's that have been sitting in our living room far too long. The weather change is the push. We need a nice-ish (i.e not rainy) day to get them into the garage. They've been sitting there over a year now and both of us are going crazy with them in here so hopefully this weekend it will get done.

As far as hobby stuff goes. I've got a few minis that need finishing like today/tomorrow to get it in for RCL. Not much to do but the deadline is pushing me.

I'm sure there are a million other things to do but

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Crowley said:

The main two things at the moment are:-

Cutting back the bramble patch again before it re-generates too much, I'm waiting for the weather to cool down a bit more before tackling this one.

And redecorating the kitchen and bathroom. Not sure what's going to get me moving on this (I hoped I'd be able hire someone to do it instead, but no luck), I'm just too used to the mankiness at this point.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Crowley said:

Getting rid of my Lego collection. This is an interesting dilemma. I've been keeping it for the nieflings to inherit, but their utter lack of responsibility has made me vow to never under my power allow another piece of Lego into their house. I want to sell it, but I think the online market is saturated with Lego, and no one wants to buy from Canada because our shipping rate is obnoxious. So that leaves the local exchange, which I might try, but I'd be making very little profit and just happy to see it go. Probably the smartest solution I had is to donate to the library for an after school program. This is clever, because I can get a grant to pay the library to hire me to supervise. Also, if I found a Friends of the Library charity, I can get a tax write off for the Lego. So it might age for a few years yet... 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
On 9/22/2021 at 7:26 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday September 22

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

What do you do for yourself when you need to find a bit of balance?

Look for peace, quiet and solitude.

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Getting my vehicles registration changed over. It just seems like such a PITA every time I look into it. I don't know.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

their utter lack of responsibility has made me vow to never under my power allow another piece of Lego into their house.

Sounds like the vow of someone who has stepped on Legos one time too many (or been chastised by someone who has).

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Crowley said:

Been waiting for the weather to get out of the 90s [which it just did this week] so I can paint the door to our storm cellar.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Sounds like the vow of someone who has stepped on Legos one time too many (or been chastised by someone who has).

Nope. I just hate literally vacuuming up money. Avoiding Lego on the floor in the dark while your child is sleeping is part of mommy ninja training, as is the muffled squeak of pain when you do step on one. 

• Like 9
17 hours ago, Crowley said:

Dig a decent sized pond for my ducks. The hired digger arrives next week, so I get the fun of driving that. 

• Like 11
On 9/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday September 22

The Autumnal Equinox

A day in balance.

What do you do for yourself when you need to find a bit of balance?

Most of my life is pretty sedentary, so, in general, I like to get up and out and move.  Specifically, I like to go down to the ice rink and do some skating, because you have to clear your mind and engage with the ice if you don’t want to hurt yourself.  Bicycling is also good, and it’s curious that both of them are literal balance skills as well as metaphorical ones …

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

Painting my library/office some color, and it probably still won’t get done until I order some new bookcases.

• Like 12