Lidless Eye Hobbies: Bones V, Round 3: He Cheats!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      And here are some of my other works keeping in the spooky theme.

Since he was metal and not Bones, Rotpatch went here.

@MattParody was nice enough to include this Radukar the Wolf in our last trade box.  Who doesn't love giant Cossack Vikings?

a Death Tyrant from Nolzur's 

Some Spiders from Wargames Atlantic, also the most likely to hit a table soon for RoSD

• By Lidless Eye
      It's that time of year for Orcs...but I already did that.  So it's time to get spooky instead!

Here's my latest from Bones V (and recent promos) on that front.

The Overgourd, since they demand an October paint job:

Scarecrows:

vampiresses of Ravenhome:

Captain Barty Redd:

And his Zombie Crew:

• By strawhat
      I wasn't originally going to do a WIP for these.  I've taken so many pictures and just junked them, and it's not like I'm a competition-level painter.  I always feel like a kid wearing Dad's shoes when I do a WIP--just going around pretending to be of a level that I'm simply "not."  Still, I need to keep some notes somewhere.  So here we go...

Merfolk Rangers:

I have finally gotten the blue to where I want it.  I started off with Ritterlich Blue, but that was too dark, it kept reading as black when I would take pictures. I finally resolved to starting with Brilliant Blue.  I gave it a heavy drybrush with Cyan Blue, and then I bumped up the Cyan Blue with a bit of Sky Blue (2:1 or 3:1).  Now it finally looks "Blue" and not "Black".  I'll be adding some black details later, so it's important that there is enough contrast to be visible.

I feel like I started the skin off too dark.  Those dark lines are all that I can see, now.

I'm starting the fins with Sun Yellow.  I'll be putting some Pure Black (or super dark blue) edges on the fins as well as a stripe and loop design down the side.

I still don't know what I'm doing with these two.  Those greens will not stay, they're just not working for me.  Not even a little bit.

Such a dark brown, made from a 3:2 mix of Red Shadow to Green Black (or was it Black Green?).  I'll be bringing that up a bit with some reddish browns.  Then I've got some orange and white details to do on the bodies and fins.  And I need to figure out where I'm going with the flesh on the female guard.  The male guard is going with some Olive Skin triad.

The crest is the Gory Red triad, and the armor is done with the golds.  I just need to put the top layers on.

I didn't actually paint a tank top on the redhead.

There is such a dramatic difference between tail lengths.  The tails started off with straight Moth Green.  I mixed 1:1 with Maggot White, and then drybrushed straight Maggot White.  Pure Black for the stripes.  I'll probably do some more work on those stripes for some depth.  They should probably be widened a bit, too.

The ginger started off with Carrottop Red and Highlight Orange.  I used Saffron Sunset for the final drybrush.  The black hair is just Pure Black and given a little bit of a drybrush with the same Red Shadow/Black Green mix on the Guards' tails.  Her shells were done with the Bone Colors triad.
    • By Lidless Eye
      Thanks to a generous gift from one of my players, I got a chance to paint the new version of Zodgrod Wortsnogga, the first miniature I painted some 21 years ago.

I tried to copy the bizarre color scheme of the original Tamiya Acrylics as much as I could, the new plastic version has some drastic design changes.

The new one was using all Reaper paints and Army Painter tones.

• By Lidless Eye
      It is Orctober, my dudes.

First up, the Dungeon Dwellers Orcs of the Ragged Wound Tribe

And Goblins are just little Orcs, right?  What better way to celebrate Orctober than little Orcs?

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)