• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Iridil said:

love the weather, the broken windows, the desolate look of the base!

18 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

I particularly like what you did with the windows. 

6 minutes ago, Poilu_1914 said:

I agree with everyone especially on those windows.

Thank you, it is funny so many people have mentioned the windows, because they were exactly the reason why I put this paintjob off for so long,  I found the thought of trying to paint solid, none transparent plastic to look like glass quite intimidating, I didn't have a clue how to approach them and so I just kept putting them off.  I was convinced they would look cheesy.

In the end I just out right copied the windows of the Baba Yaga's Hut on the box art (Reapers display model had really nice windows) and added a few edge highlights.

2 hours ago, SotF said:

Out of curiosity, just how large is the spread of the feet? I keep wanting to get one and would definitely need a base if I did.

I just measured mine to be slightly under 13cm of width from the widest points.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      For my upcoming Ravenloft campaign.

• By golldan
      Finished the Gibbet for the Hut and Baba Yaga...Thanks for looking.

• By golldan
      My take on Baba Yaga's Hut. Or as my daughter calls it, the bird house. I had her pick out the color scheme.... just so happens it seems to be a common/popular one. Thanks for looking.

• By robinh
      It seems I was stuck on  doing browns over the holidays.  First the Stygian Barge and now Baba Yaga's Hut from Bones IV.  This took a bit of time to do especially the Roofing Shingles as there is are least 5 different colors on each one (all done individually by the way... ooooh the hand cramps!)  This beast was quite heavy to paint and usually rested on my leg as i turned it around to get to all the parts.  Some very interesting brush gymnastics were required.  

Enough of my complaining... onto the pictures.   Picture heavy of  course.
      As usual comments, critiques, rotten food or gold are all welcome.

Front

From the left  side

Left side back

Back

Right side

Right side / front

And then lower front showing the chicken legs a little bit

Thanks for looking
    • By Maledrakh
      #96 Baba Yaga:

Baba Yaga, the Evil Witch of Slavic folklore, flying around in her Mortar, wielding her Pestle. Or maybe it's a massive Q-tip to clean out the ears of her chicken-legged dancing hut?
      I made a 25x35mm oval base and drilled a hole in the bottom of the mortar. I unbent a paperclip slightly and bent the long bit at an angle, and glued the end in the hole. The rest of the paperclip was glued flat on the base and lo! A flying mortar. I glued Baba Yaga herself down at an angle to make her looking more like she was sitting comfortably rather than squatting  precariously. I am pleased with how the angles match up to make her look straight ahead.
      So now she can be, say, a mounted necromancer or other kind of wizard.
      In the KS this model was represented by a concept drawing, and the sculptor has done a good job of realising it.
      Regretfully, I did not get her Dancing Hut from the KS.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)