• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

1 hour ago, Krassling said:

Very good. 

How did you achieve the look of the foliage?

I made it using poly-fibre (sometimes sold as teddy bear stuffing) and fine scale model leaves.  It is a technique I recently learned of whilst working on a diorama.

UJ6Xh0d.thumb.jpeg.133b3096a4992a8a360bc22637c2e9c5.jpeg

You start by dyeing the poly-fibre with watered down green or brown acrylic paint.  Once dry you can stretch out the fibres to create a fine, bushy mesh.  This is then torn to size and then glued directly onto the model (You may need to trim back some of the longer fibres).  Once that is dry I used a sponge to gently dab pva glue over the whole surface of the poly-fibre before sprinkling the leaves over the top.

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
On 9/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, Dan S said:

Thanks everyone.

I made it using poly-fibre (sometimes sold as teddy bear stuffing) and fine scale model leaves.  It is a technique I recently learned of whilst working on a diorama.

UJ6Xh0d.thumb.jpeg.133b3096a4992a8a360bc22637c2e9c5.jpeg

You start by dyeing the poly-fibre with watered down green or brown acrylic paint.  Once dry you can stretch out the fibres to create a fine, bushy mesh.  This is then torn to size and then glued directly onto the model (You may need to trim back some of the longer fibres).  Once that is dry I used a sponge to gently dab pva glue over the whole surface of the poly-fibre before sprinkling the leaves over the top.

Great. This is what I was Looking for. I have some buildings I want to "grow" foliage to. I was not sure which technique could do the Job but I will try this one.

• Like 1