Reaper Paint Cases

Clearman

So, I've spent the better part of the day cleaning and reorganizing my hobby storage closet.  In doing so, I've discovered that I have no less that a dozen of the Reaper paint cases.  Both the old rounded style and the newer square style.  Since I have different solutions for both paint storage and model storage, all of these are currently empty.

My question - Has anyone else amassed a significant number of these cases?  If so, are you using them for anything other than paint or model storage?

Right now these are just sitting around collecting dust and I'm trying to decide if there is anything inventive I could be using them for, or if they should just be donated somewhere.

• Like 4

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Clearman said:

So, I've spent the better part of the day cleaning and reorganizing my hobby storage closet.  In doing so, I've discovered that I have no less that a dozen of the Reaper paint cases.  Both the old rounded style and the newer square style.  Since I have different solutions for both paint storage and model storage, all of these are currently empty.

My question - Has anyone else amassed a significant number of these cases?  If so, are you using them for anything other than paint or model storage?

Right now these are just sitting around collecting dust and I'm trying to decide if there is anything inventive I could be using them for, or if they should just be donated somewhere.

I have indeed encountered this problem.

Since I use the paint caddies to hold my ever expanding paint collection, I started converting the paint cases into miniature cases by getting the Reaper "egg carton" foam inserts.

And it wasn't until I received my first foam insert that I realized it's not just two matching egg faces, but also an extra ½ in. flat face that can be used for larger models.

• Like 5

I use mine as my weekly mini transport for the FLGS. The bigger case we got as Swag for a RC I used this year as my big model case for my games at RC & yes, I have way to may of the  things. One of these days I'll figure out what to do with mine.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Clearman said:

Model storage is a great use. 

But,  in the realm of "that's different," I use one of my extras for an emergency kit. It sits nicely in the spare tire well and holds a number of useful things. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, strawhat said:

But,  in the realm of "that's different," I use one of my extras for an emergency kit. It sits nicely in the spare tire well and holds a number of useful things.

I like the thought of this.  I get Gadgetman's concerns, but that's not an issue for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

My example may be a bit extreme, but yeah, emergency supplies should be stored as securely as possible.    

Waterproof packaging just makes sense.

I'm looking at this as more of a convenience case for this I could need in my car.  Not a true emergency kit.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I considered the 'emergency kit' option, too, but they're not water/dust/air-proof, so... 

(My spare tire is under the car, in a hinged frame, so even if one of the cases would easily fit in the rim... )

My well is in the cargo area (compact SUV), so I'm not much concerned about environmental exposure.  And perhaps "emergency kit" is a bit ambitious.  It's just a few handy things (mulit-tool, mylar "blankets", something to write with and on, some gloves, whistle, mirror, etc.).

I thought about a drybox, or even old ammo can (some of those have gaskets to help seal), but perhaps when I upgrade.  The paint case was simply handy and more takes the place of a "get home bag."  It just stays in the car.

• Like 3