Jump to content

Reapercon 2022 excitement thread!


Corsair
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mini are finished & with little under 3 weeks to go too!! RAWRG!!!!!

 

I didn't do what I wanted with some of the minis, but I think I like what I did instead better. The main reason holding up 3 minis & I do believe those were the first 3 non-PC minis I started with too.

 

Feels good to get everything done with plenty of time to figure out how I'm gonna transport everything done there this year.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<sigh>
What's Reaper's refund policy for ReaperCon tickets at this point? Just found out the person who was going to go with me spent too much at GenCon, and backed out of going with me. Then I found out I missed the tours. Still don't have my MSP Open entries finished. 

Sorta thinking about canceling. 



 

  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

 

I've no idea what that is but the box art has me intrigued.

7tv:Fantasy is a  beer & pretzels skirmish level minis game.  The concept behind it is that your force/army is part of a TV or movie cast making a fantasy film in the spirit of films like Dragonslayer, Jason & the Argonauts, Clash of the Titans, etc.  You can just do straight up skirmishes, or there are scenarios based on various film tropes that include wandering monsters.  You have Stars, Co-Stars and Extras, each of which is on a card like those below.

 

There is an element of randomization called Trilogy cards, which are drawn each turn, and can drastically swing a game, so even if you're losing badly, you can still win a game if the right combo of Trilogy cards come up for you. 

 

It pairs really, really, really well with Bones miniatures, because there are cards for everything from elves to orcs and dragons to griffons to pegasus and more. 

There is also a 1930s pulp version called 7tv: Pulp and a 60s spy thriller version (think Bond) called 7tv:Inch High Spy-Fi.   Next year they're releasing an 80s sci-fi version.  There is also a post apocalypse version, but I'm not sure it's still in print. 

image.thumb.png.95748365812fe0a7ef802dac2d90096a.png
 

If anyone wants to play, I'll have enough minis for 2-3 casts, but if you bring 6-12 of your favorite Bones or Dark Heaven fantasy minis, more than likely we can find appropriate cards to build a cast to fit. 

I have the 7tv: Inch-Hi Spy-Fi version I can bring, too, but I currently only have one cast for it - the A-Team. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Goddesstio said:

A sudden case of Covid really put me behind, and now I'm not sure what to do about my contest entries. Not sure if I can just lock myself in for a weekend or two and get them done or not, and now I'm stressing 😭

 

Pick one and finish it. If you have time do another. If you try to do everything it can be overwhelming. Just like any task take the chunks that you can finish and evaluate what if any can be finished before the con. I would rather see a single good entry than 5 average entries from a painter.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Goddesstio said:

A sudden case of Covid really put me behind, and now I'm not sure what to do about my contest entries. Not sure if I can just lock myself in for a weekend or two and get them done or not, and now I'm stressing 😭


With all the MFR awards being announced only a couple of months before the con, it can be VERY tempting to try to put something in every category but that's a very quick way to burn yourself out and not put your best work into any of them.


Here's what I do in situations like that.  Pick ONE that either A ) stands the chance of being your best peice B ) that you're feeling the strongest about or has the strongest concept, or C ) is closest to completion.  

then I'lll put the others aside and focus on that one.  If I need to keep a palette clenser around to switch between I'll go ahead and grab my number two, but try to focus more of your time on one of them.   When one of them is done, you can re-evaluate.

 

And, I know this from personal experence, if you're recovering from a nasty illness, plan on doing only short sessions with ample breaks.  You don't realize how much energy stress painting can use and you are going to have less than you're used to.
 

4 minutes ago, Heisler said:

 I would rather see a single good entry than 5 average entries from a painter.

This, exactly.

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

 

If anyone wants to play, I'll have enough minis for 2-3 casts, but if you bring 6-12 of your favorite Bones or Dark Heaven fantasy minis, more than likely we can find appropriate cards to build a cast to fit. 

Tentatively I'm in, I'll see if I have anything good to bring or not.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AHHHH!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! I just found out that my boss is letting me have the 31st off, so that means we can go to the Meet and Greet! My first one! YAY! That also means that we have room for at least 3 people to take from the Hotel to Reaper. 

 

AND!!! My Ribbons just arrived and they are soooo pretty! I am so dang excited. Last year was my first ReaperCon and I had so much fun that I am just so stoked for this year's ReaperCon! I have a costume, ribbons, minis to enter in to the MSP open, I have classes scheduled, games scheduled and AHHHH!!!!

 

And yes...you have to sing me a tune to get a ribbon!!

297892224_802536964505344_3636290156533146531_n.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PammyD2 said:

AND!!! My Ribbons just arrived and they are soooo pretty! I am so dang excited. Last year was my first ReaperCon and I had so much fun that I am just so stoked for this year's ReaperCon! I have a costume, ribbons, minis to enter in to the MSP open, I have classes scheduled, games scheduled and AHHHH!!!!

 

And yes...you have to sing me a tune to get a ribbon!!

297892224_802536964505344_3636290156533146531_n.jpg

[Note to self: Rehearse tunes before meeting @PammyD2]

 

Expect them to be sung in French.

 

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PammyD2 said:

AHHHH!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! I just found out that my boss is letting me have the 31st off, so that means we can go to the Meet and Greet! My first one! YAY! That also means that we have room for at least 3 people to take from the Hotel to Reaper. 

 

AND!!! My Ribbons just arrived and they are soooo pretty! I am so dang excited. Last year was my first ReaperCon and I had so much fun that I am just so stoked for this year's ReaperCon! I have a costume, ribbons, minis to enter in to the MSP open, I have classes scheduled, games scheduled and AHHHH!!!!

 

And yes...you have to sing me a tune to get a ribbon!!

297892224_802536964505344_3636290156533146531_n.jpg

I like you, so I will NOT be singing to you.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

[Note to self: Rehearse tunes before meeting @PammyD2]

 

Expect them to be sung in French.

 

That is awesome!!! One of my favorite songs that we ever sang in Choir was in French. Dirait-on. It was absolutely gorgeous! Still one of my favorites to listen to!

9 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I like you, so I will NOT be singing to you.

Please sing to me!! I love hearing all voices sing their best, even if they think they can't sing. My mother is a wonderful woman who absolutely LOVES music, but she is incredibly tone deaf and can not match a pitch, but her voice is one of my favorite voices ever. She sings with such passion, and if I just listen to her sing and no music, I can almost think she is on pitch! But it doesn't matter to me, the music is still flowing through her soul, and I can feel it. So when people tell me they can't sing, it makes me sad, because everyone can sing! Everyone can release music from their soul, music to express their thoughts or emotions, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it, just how it makes you feel!!

 

In the great words of The Carpenters and out of the mouth of the lovely late Karen Carpenter "Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long. Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear. Just sing, sing a song!" ^_^

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PammyD2 said:

AHHHH!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! I just found out that my boss is letting me have the 31st off, so that means we can go to the Meet and Greet! My first one! YAY! That also means that we have room for at least 3 people to take from the Hotel to Reaper. 

 

AND!!! My Ribbons just arrived and they are soooo pretty! I am so dang excited. Last year was my first ReaperCon and I had so much fun that I am just so stoked for this year's ReaperCon! I have a costume, ribbons, minis to enter in to the MSP open, I have classes scheduled, games scheduled and AHHHH!!!!

 

And yes...you have to sing me a tune to get a ribbon!!

297892224_802536964505344_3636290156533146531_n.jpg

I mean, if you are willing to subject yourself to my singing...

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I mean, if you are willing to subject yourself to my singing...

 

I now suddenly realize WHY you bring a bottle of Kraken to ReaperCon and offer some to everyone. That and you're an actual seadog.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...