• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zira
      First Reaper minis I've painted! Pretty proud of how the spider turned out! I tried to get an iridescent look on the crow, but I couldn't quite figure it out 😅
      Constructive critiques welcome!

• By lexomatic
      My 3rd encounter in the last month and I'll need to slow down a bit.
      Main Bones 5 WIP
      Specific WIP

The spiders were influenced by real spider types. The big black one was painted like the little red and blue one, Opadometa sarawakensis, but it was too distracting, so the color is on the underside. See p7 of WIP for more. The blue fuzzies ( Poecilotheria metallica) are tarantulas - adult and juvenile, so the small one is intentionally less bright.

More pics later

• By lexomatic
      Painting got interrupted by basement  flooding... and show off pics got got interrupted by more flooding... I will have a few more pics to add later  from behind and under when I have a moment.
      I may not do much more painting for a while  though. WIP starts here. A few posts surrounding show some of my Bones 5 dry fits and will have other Bones 5 stuff in that thread ...whenever I can paint again.
      Spider:

Base:

• By MoonglowMinis
      Back again with some spiders!

I tried out Rangers of Shadow Deep last night and got to break out my spider minis.  I've got a few Giant Spiders and Spider Swarms from the D&D board games Castle Ravenloft, and Legend of Drizzt respectively.

I had started these ages ago but quickly became dissatisfied with the direction they were headed.  A few months ago I picked them back up and went in a different direction.

The giant spiders in particular were letting me down.  The sculpt is pretty undefined.  It took some freehand fur work to bring it to life.  I also switched from a warm brown tone to a cool grey.  I think the added contrast makes them stand out a lot better.

I also added some used dryer sheets as webbing.  It's mostly successful.  The super glue turned it invisible in places which sort of works as holes in the web.  Definitely will revisit this idea again in future projects.

The spider swarms are less successful.  I tried to keep three distinct colorations to help them stand apart from one another.  But with such poorly defined details, they could have used more contrast.  They work well enough.  Maybe I'll revisit them, but I tend to just move on after calling something "good enough."

What do you all do for swarm minis?  I find that most of mine look rather drab or incomprehensible.
    • By Nook
      Hello!

I am a very new painter, I have painted some minis in the past, not a lot though, but due to some jerks at a game store I stopped playing. Almost 10 years later, I have decided to get back into it and I present to you Mr. Webster the Giant spider. I had a lot of fun with this, and the paints were all from the Reaper Learn to paint kit core skills. This was my second time ever using washes and dry brushing, and I am really excited with how it turned out! Going to get him on a base soon, and introduce him to my players at D&D...

• Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)