Reaper Artists Conference

Reaperbryan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now on my way back to Colorado, and am staying in Dumas, Texas.

I actually took pictures of people today. And of a cool looking bug that Marike found in the parking lot.

I should have them available Monday night or Tuesday.

Awww...lots of fun to be had...and to make you all jealous...hmm...I think if you where there the full time you picked up 39 of the 54 New Master Series Paints...though the Reaper Painters get the full set...

My first impressions of the paints are very good...I worked with the yellows...and they are great...I love the colors and pigment grind...the current yellows are a bit translucent(though word from Anne...some of the yellows are being reworked to be more opaque)...but I find that a plus and not a negative...but some others will disagree...One nice thing about the paints...you will have to do less thinning out of the bottles...The viscosity is very nice and worked great on my Wet Pallette.

Thanks Reaper for making this another great Event...

I wasn't going to say anything, but yes...39 of the 54 Master Paints are currently in my car. ::D:

I'm looking forward to giving them a workout, and doing demos of them in Colorado Springs in the next few weeks.

It was a great event. I wish I could've made all 3-days. :( Between work and a personal emergency late Saturday it wasn't possible.

I'm looking forward to those pics though Flynn.

Thanks again to the entire Reaper Staff for hosting the event and all the sculpters and painters that spent their valuable time teaching us wannabes. It was definitely a tremendous bargain for $20.

I'm looking forward to ReaperCon and RAC2 ;)

yeah it was tremendous fun! I had to leave before the last set of those paints were distributed, but Im more than pleased with the 27 I got! ::D: I played with em all afternoon yesterday and they are super nice. ^_^ Im especially fond of the Snow Shadow and the reds.

And Im starting to put the new techniques I learned into practice already. You keep hearing 'thin your paints' 'thin your paints' all over the place, but honestly till you see what they say in person, its difficult to know what they mean hehe. :B):

And I finally ended up with a decent gold NMM!! It was a miracle lol

great people, great painters, great fun! Soooo whens REapercon 2005 again? ::P::lol:

yeah it was tremendous fun! I had to leave before the last set of those paints were distributed, but Im more than pleased with the 27 I got! ::D: I played with em all afternoon yesterday and they are super nice. ^_^ Im especially fond of the Snow Shadow and the reds.

And Im starting to put the new techniques I learned into practice already. You keep hearing 'thin your paints' 'thin your paints' all over the place, but honestly till you see what they say in person, its difficult to know what they mean hehe. :B):

And I finally ended up with a decent gold NMM!! It was a miracle lol

great people, great painters, great fun! Soooo whens REapercon 2005 again? ::P::lol:

We left not too much after Skavenblade and came home with 27 of the AWESOME new paints too... I haven't had time to do much more than take them out of the bags and put them on my paint station but from what I did use Saturday I loved them. There are some great colors! :wub:

My son who's never painted before is now hooked I believe he talked all the way home about some of the things he saw and it was over 600 miles of pure enthusisam (sp) :B):

I also will post pics when I get them devoloped

It was even more fun meeting everyone and being able to have so much one on one help from all the talented people there...I can't wait till Reapercon '05

I'll be making the drive again

I agree the third week in may sounds great

I can't say enough about how nice everyone was and what a great time I had

back to unpacking tho