Reaper Artists Conference

Reaperbryan

*points and laughs  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Gee thanks Spartan6

It was soooo good to get that out of the way..... ::P:

Seriously: I'm not as good a painter as the rest of the bunch going (surpressing butterflies in tummy from looking at the attendees list)

Just trying to get better (thinking of bringing the HUGE bottle of whiskeyto calm nerves)

No worries, and since I'm doing an extended stay I have to ship all my stuff down to TX anyways...

I absolutely refuse to compromise on some things, and I doubt the TSA morons will let me carry on a small studio compressor... :angry:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*points and laughs  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Gee thanks Spartan6

It was soooo good to get that out of the way..... ::P:

My pleasure ::P: Always here to help ::D:

Compared to some of the artists around here I deserve to have my paint buying license revoked and someone from the "guild" show up and burn my paint table.

Seriously: I'm not as good a painter as the rest of the bunch going (surpressing butterflies in tummy from looking at the attendees list)

Just trying to get better (thinking of bringing the HUGE bottle of whiskeyto calm nerves)

No need to feel intimidated. I've seen your work. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

But I'll have the good stuff with me just in case. ::D:

Something that just came to mind...

Any chances during the Reaper Artists Conference on bettering a person's drawing skills via lessons by Talin?

Of course, then I'd have to figure out how to afford it and get time off for good behavior from my boss, which means I'll never get a day off from work. Lately I've been going in sick because 1) I don't have any leave and 2) deadlines, deadlines, deadlines.

Ary, if you can find a place to stay you're welcome to ride up with me. My goal is to leave Austin by 12:30 or so on Friday the 22nd.

Ary,

I have booked a room at the super 8 and you're welcome to stay there and since I'm driving you're set on transport to and from Reaper. It's an early b-day present from my dad so I can just upgrade to a room w/2 beds

Let me know since you also now seem to have a ride from Austin ::D:

I'm leaving my 3 year old home w/daddy so maybe you can leave yours too...MOMMYS DESERVE BREAKS TOO YA KNOW :rolleyes:

Betsy

I'll be getting into Denton around 5ish...depending on my finding it easily..yahoo for mapquest

What advice do flyers have for bringing their paints? I heard tales of exploding paint bottle woe at ReaperCon. I didn't fly with paints then, but will be this time. How do I keep em from exploding?

Gus,

My suggestion would be put them in a carry on bag ..that's what I did when I flew to GA.

I had no problems..

(After thought)

Just remember to put your files/exacto knifes etc in the baggage that'll go into the cargo hold...We don't need you all stopped for carrying on illegal items not to mention they tend to keep them.

Also..I was thinking...UTOH-caution -dangerous...is someone going to run an impromtu camera/photo workshop...my photos are my biggest downfall..They're always awful..I would love to learn how to use my stupid camera <_<

Ary, if you can find a place to stay you're welcome to ride up with me.  My goal is to leave Austin by 12:30 or so on Friday the 22nd.

Ary,

I have booked a room at the super 8 and you're welcome to stay there and since I'm driving you're set on transport to and from Reaper. It's an early b-day present from my dad so I can just upgrade to a room w/2 beds

Let me know since you also now seem to have a ride from Austin ::D:

I'm leaving my 3 year old home w/daddy so maybe you can leave yours too...MOMMYS DESERVE BREAKS TOO YA KNOW :rolleyes:

Betsy

I'll be getting into Denton around 5ish...depending on my finding it easily..yahoo for mapquest

Sorry, but the conference is one week before we've got to meet a deadline on 20 course books with recent news that the tax form for next year is changing not only once, but possibly twice with one being in November right after the elections if someone gets re-elected (as part of his campaign strategy). I'm going to be far too busy cursing, swearing, and voicing other sorts of defilement should that occur for other reasons as well while I'm working extra hours (as credit hours, not overtime) and being dragged away from my husband and son to stare at a computer screen and redo those 20 books so we can get them to the printer and back in time for training in January.

Ary,

Well, er...G'luck with your project...just thought I'd offer since you seemed like you wanted to go....

No Cursing around the baby...My 3 year old stubbed her toe the other day and out of her angelic mouth came "OH elf"...it's not easy reasoning with a 3 year old that she's not allowed to say that when mom did ::P:

Parents are teaching kids wonderful things these days ::D: