Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps (Assets and Hazards)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Are these the same ones that were kickstarted years ago?

No, but also yes.   Maybe.

These are all hard plastic (polystyrene) which Prodos started, but never completed. I'm guessing that GF9 are leasing the sculpts. 

So the xenomorphs are highly likely to be the direct result of the KS. I think they were starting to show those frames.   I remember seeing the cloaked predators.  The USCMs are probably all sourced from the initial work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And,  because there is nothing quite as boring as boxes,  I present:  MORE BOXES! 

20210915_231857.jpg.6f8dd8dc1ac5f5217f48c070a154ea27.jpg

20210915_231915.jpg.c2e195ae856447e802f891db7d7f3d5c.jpg

20210915_232109.jpg.0bee15e6bbc7fb8fa5d94c0440fb1b46.jpg

The red crates were done with Fire Red,  Phoenix Red,  and Fire Orange.   The final dry brushing was a little too heavy and they ended up a bit too orange. 

The blue crates were done with Worn Navy,  Soft Blue,  and Heather Blue.   They came out a bit darker than I had wanted.   

But it's all done now! At least the crates,  anyway.  Time to finish the terminals or the sentry guns. 

• Like 6

Outstanding.  Now all we need is a deck of cards.

20210917_222307.jpg.bbbd05c92dd7ee74702bb5c2c910d278.jpg

20210917_222218.jpg.15ce1f2d00ebdbbf62e886b39e543251.jpg

I forgot to redo the pistons, but they're all sealed now.  The drybrushing was, once again, a little heavy-handed.  That's Muddy Green, Olive Green, and Pale Olive.

Hudson, run a bypass.

20210917_222345.jpg.36852d24dee245dae25d3aa191ff4379.jpg

20210917_222410.jpg.0c840d1c127be17e1d39bf8aabbead0b.jpg

I really kind of lost my way on the terminals.  I started with Foggy Grey for the shell and tables and Nightmare Black for the screens.  I decided that I wanted to dirty things up as the Foggy was just too bright, so hit the terminals with a wash of Earth Brown and a semi-successful drybrush of Leather White to help pick out the keys.  Then quick slash or three with Ghost White across the screens in a vain attempt to simulate static.

Set complete!

Not bad...for a human (if I do say so, myself).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      A breezy, cool night in the high desert. Heat lightning crackles on the horizon. Gusts of wind bring the faintest scent of far-off rains.
      The full moon illuminates a strange crater in the parched earth. Was that there yesterday?

All at once, a rumble. The earth quivers and vibrates. Grains of sand begin to dance about near the lip of the hole; then, pebbles. 

A frenzied writhing that sets the land in tumult! A great roar, the sound of it almost a solid thing, impossibly basso. Again, and again. There is a faint reply on the desert wind: an echo? or another of the unfathomably great burrowers beneath? It's hard for you to tell, but eventually the titanic bulk subsides and the desert is quiet once more, save for a faint shifting of sand and a ripple on the dunes heading for the horizon.

This was an old project I never posted; painted back when washes were almost all the paints I had. A great sculpt, dynamic and expressive. The purples are alternating layers of midnight blue and a sort of pinkish red. I should go back and add some razzamatazz to that belly, now I'm seeing the big photographs. 

While a lot of people think purple worms are D&D cribbing Frank Herbert's sandworms as it did Margaret St. Clair and John Wyndham's fungal underdarks and dark elves--and they ARE pretty rad--I'm convinced that the genesis of both was far earlier, in a 1929 David Henry Keller short from "Amazing Stories." It's called, appropriately enough, "The Worm," and is worth the few minutes of your time to track down and read.
      Come to think of it, this story might have also partly inspired Ray Bradbury's "The Fog Horn," though the tone of that story is much more wistful and melancholy and less increasing dread. And without THAT, and another tonal shift, monster movies and kaiju movies might have been very different indeed.  
    • By Froggy the Great
      I have recently been playing a solo / cooperative miniatures game by Nordic Weasel:  Five Parsecs Bug Hunt.  To that end, I needed Aliens after the inspiration of the Half Life games, Starship Troopers, and the Aliens movies.  All parts are from various Bones figures.

"Anything worth overdoing", right?

(I may have posted one or two of these before -- if that is the case please accept my apologies.)

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      REWARDS
      Our campaign is geared towards producing two opposing factions for the initial launch of the game.  The Lords faction fight for mineral resources which sustain their immortality; the Omrath faction fight to protect lands deemed sacred in a religious war.  We have designed 5 boxed sets for each factions.  If you are seeking to play the game, and not just collect the miniatures, it is recommended to buy all 5 boxed sets for one of the factions.  The reward structure is setup so that backers can spend in $50 increments, since all boxed sets have been designed to retail for $50 each.  Below are the specifications for each boxed set, across the 2 starter factions:
      LORDS FACTION
       OMRATH FACTION

• By Mutilatedlips
      Another mini from the Scourge of the Slave Lords set. I really like the way this guy came out. Although doesn't strike me as very Assassin looking, maybe Ranger. 

• By Darius Glenwell
      Finished these guys up last night. Will be my Sci/Fi entry at my local Con's painting competition this weekend. 

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)