Wanted to continue working on my Underworld stuff, but didn't fancy the last two minis I had left in the previous thread, so thought I'd roll them into a new one.

K5RzIDR.jpg

This time we've got 10 randomly chosen minis, the two dudes from the last thread and the whole Sea Elf team (They felt too fragile to pack away after I built them).

7bdxlX3.jpg

Here we have Cyrille and Celine (A pair of Elven Peacekeepers) and Snoz a Goblin Scout with his wolf Fang.

runn6u1.jpg

This set consists of Zellotl (Lizardman Warrior), Freshly Awake (a newly risen Skeleton), Frilna (a companion beast to the Fey Elves), Sorcha (battle-hardened Mercenary) and Ailithir (Evil Knight).

X80cobl.jpg

Yrkill and Jafari (from the previous thread) plus their companions Sigmundur and Sethos (because someone or something is determined to have me paint these particular teams). Sethos isn't an Underworlds figure but is a matching Cultist from the OOP Warhammer Quest:- Silver Tower game on an old resin base I found.

CpavZn2.jpg

And this is the Sea Elf team.

We've got Gaelin (he's a Fish), Tanjaya (the Warrior at the back), Indra (a Summoner), Surya (a Harpooner with no eyes) and Orym (he's a Crab).

Making a start on Sorcha:-

NEt8n5u.jpgHcZG0oC.jpg

Painted the furry collar on her cape.

It's a base of Cold Grey with a Black Wash and the drybrushes of Cold Grey, Ghost Grey and Off-white (Only on the upper shoulder bits).

Not sure if I should paint her head next or the armour that's close to it, either way I think I'll make a mess.

• Like 13
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, Inarah said:

That's a great mix of interesting figures you've got there. 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:43 AM, mousekiller said:

Beautiful selection of models!  Also, still love the way you stain the primer!

Thanks guys!

VkXXphL.jpg

Painted up the collar of her armour in Bronze and her head in (Dwarf Flesh > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Flesh > Dwarf Flesh/Light Flesh > Dwarf Flesh Glaze).

She then got Bonewhite teeth (with a Brown Wash) and a Bronze eyebrow ring (looking at the piccy, I think she might have a nose ring too, but I can't see it on the model so I'm leaving well alone).

Hair next.

• Like 7

uSfeGxS.jpg

Hair!

It's a base of Stormy Blue/Pure Black with highlights of Stormy Blue/Ghost Grey and then a Blue Wash. The hair ribbon is a base of Scarlett Red with highlights of Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow and a Brown Wash.

I think I'll finish her cape next.

• Like 8

xDZp0zk.jpg

Did the cloth part of her cape in Hexed Lichen, shaded with Hexed Lichen/Pure Black (I also used this on the inside of the cape),  highlighted with Hexed Lichen/Ghost Grey and Hexed Lichen/Ghost Grey/Off-white and glazed with some Purple Wash.

Get that sword done next.

• Like 8

pXl3kse.jpg

Double update day woot!

The sword sheath is Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash with (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze > Polished Gold) decorations and a (Scarlett Red > Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash) handle and tied strap thingy.

• Like 9

YZUqT7N.jpg

Painted her armour.

It's just Oily Steel with Bronze edging and Leather Brown elbow/knee joints.

Now I need to figure out how to paint her other metal bits without it all blending together in a metallic mess.

• Like 9

Thanks guys!

4ZwlTuo.jpg

Painted her noggin-basher.

The handle is Oily Steel with (Iraqi Sand > Off-white > Brown Wash) wrap, while the head is Brassy Brass, shaded with Brown Wash, highlighted with Brassy Brass and Polished Gold and a final coat of Sepia Wash.

I also used a mystery green mix that was on my palette on the little rune thingy around her neck.

• Like 9

CosMhLL.jpg

Painted her loincloth (Scarlett Red, shaded with Scarlett Red/Dark Green and highlighted with Scarlett Red/Orange Fire), her belt and dagger sheath (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash), Brassy Brass belt buckle, Bronze dagger hilt and Iraqi Sand handle.

jQubTcO.jpg

I also did a bit to the inside of her shield.

• Like 7
On 10/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Thanks!

NSudddu.jpg

Ran into a bit of trouble on this one.

Painted the shield Hexed Lichen with a Brassy Brass trim, unfortunately I ran out of Brassy Brass so I can't highlight it back up after its Brown Wash.

So I quickly did the base, it's just a pile of rubble in Cold Grey, drybushed with Ghost Grey and given a Brown Wash, and set her aside until my paint arrives next week sometime.

• Like 4