Painting the Underworlds 2:- Paint Harder

With my Warrior Lady having a time out, I made a start on the next one:-

xa5H1Kc.jpg

A skellington!

So far I've painted the sword blade (Leather Brown > Dry Rust > Fire Orange drybrush), handle (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Bonewhite > Brown Wash) and hilt (Bronze > Brown Wash).

Once the wash is dry I think I'll try to do a bit of verdigris on the Bronze bits, so they're not so shiny compared to the blade.

• Like 7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Undead!

Woohooo!!

'Tis the season!

Unfortunately he's the only Undead I have in this batch.

On 10/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

That sword blade is gorgeous.

Thanks!

But the Vallejo Dry Rust Wash is doing most of the work, that stuff is awesome!

pAG75Ld.jpg

Hit the sword hilt with some very thin Verdigris.

Also painted his gravestone, it's a base of Cold Grey, drybrushed with Ghost Grey and Medium Olive and hit with a Brown Wash.

Finally painted his bones (Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash > Iraqi Sand/Bonewhite > Iraqi Sand/Bonewhite/Off-white > Sepia Wash) and then had to do it again because I missed a shoulder-blade.

And my Brassy Brass came in so I could finish off my Warrior Lady's shield was highlights of Brassy Brass and Polished Gold:-

AezF4KV.jpg6frROIS.jpg

As a young girl, Sorcha chose to follow her sister into exile when she was cast out from their barbarian tribe. Life was hard but it forged her into a warrior who now leads a small but well respected band of mercenaries operating out of Witch's Finger.

• Like 8

kyaBbD1.jpg

Painted up his rags with Steel Grey, highlighted with Steel Grey/Ghost Grey and hit with a Brown Wash to grunge them up.

Then I painted the base Leather Brown, drybrushed Iraqi Sand and then a Brown Wash and he's done.

mT8X604.jpgY3213yX.jpg

A skeleton freshly awakened by the eldritch energies that permeate Silverton, doomed to wander the dark, forgotten parts of the city forever.

yiQ7iYh.jpg

Made a start on my first Sea Elf by painting his neck with Elf Flesh. 

• Like 7

On 10/12/2021 at 5:49 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Great work!

Thanks!

R5DzFdy.jpg

Very minor progress (I'm full of flu at the mo').

The helmet and back-crest are Iraqi Sand/Bonewhite with a Sepia Wash so far, while the face-guard and dangly lantern are Bronze with a Brown Wash.

• Like 4

EjbwJe7.jpg

Finished off the bony bits with highlights of Iraqi Sand/Bonewhite and Iraqi Sand/Bonewhite/Off-white, and the metal bits with highlights of Bronze and Polished Gold.

The lantern windows were done in Pale Yellow and Pale Yellow/Off-white with a Sepia Wash to tidy up the edges. While the crest of the backcrest is done in Fire Orange/Ochre Yellow with highlights of Fire Orange/Ochre Yellow/Off-white.

Next up will be getting his cape painted, when I stop coughing (Still full of flu). 

• Like 7

6imGJu5.jpg

Felt up to doing a little painting today, unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten how since last Friday, so things are a little messy.

Basecoated his cape with Magic Blue, tried shading it with some Magic Blue/Pure Black but it didn't look right (I used this for the inner side instead), so I hit it with some Black Wash before highlighting with Magic Blue and Magic Blue/Sky Blue.

The edging was done with Ochre Yellow and a Sepia Wash.

Next up will either be his eel or his robes.

• Like 5

Hope you feel better soon. This is an interesting sculpt which is off to a great start. Love the work you've done on the headpiece and head area. The blue is a good compliment.

Also you're skeleton rocks, the sword and bone is perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2021 at 2:11 AM, Marsya said:

Hope you feel better soon. This is an interesting sculpt which is off to a great start. Love the work you've done on the headpiece and head area. The blue is a good compliment.

Also you're skeleton rocks, the sword and bone is perfect.

Thanks!

BcjJqqV.jpg

Painted his pet eel (I found something called a Leopard Eel on Google), the skin is Iraqi Sand/Yellow Ochre with Bonewhite highlights and a Sepia Wash, it also got Bloody Red eyes and markings made out of dots of Saddle Brown with Pale Yellow centres.

Now I've gotta paint his robe.

• Like 4

RCTZx5d.jpg

Still not painting much (I'm better, but now I'm looking after a very poorly housemate), but I got his robes done (Turquoise, shaded with Turquoise/Stormy Blue and highlighted with Turquoise/Ghost Grey plus a Ghost Grey and Blue Wash trim).

Going to try and get his armour done next.

• Like 5

On 10/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, Glitterwolf said:

I like that eel, good choice!

Thanks!

I was worried it would blend in too much once I got all the bone armour done, but I think it still stands out enough.

0BGMKlE.jpg

Painted up his bone armour using the same colours as his helmet (Took a while because I kept finding spots I'd missed). There's some gems too (Stormy Blue, with a Stormy Blue/Off-white highlight and an Off-white reflection dot), most are really small so I'm not sure how gem-like they look.

Still got his wrist blades to do, and a weird dangly crotch ponytail thing.

• Like 4