• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      This one is coming along nicely. 

A few hours later got some highlights done. Antlers did. Skin on the face touched up.   Beard kind of done. Eyes done...i think? 

Next up will be the mouth and teeth.
      I have no idea what to do with those strange ports on his head behind his eyes. Open for ideas. 

Also struggling with beard and mustache on this guy. 
      Need ideas for his tail color.  As well a need color ideas for spines on his arms and legs.
    • By lexomatic
      I few years ago I emptied a can of spray foam for some hills. I decided to hack up one to see if I could do some scatter that was more rock  pile than grassy hill like I've previously done (insert link to foam experiments thread).

About a month ago I hacked the foam hill, and last night I glued it to a dead DVD as a base and clamped it.

This is what it looks like now.

I'm going to let it dry a bit more then give it some goop, then a modge seal. Then drybrush, and maybe some flock.
    • By crowsandbones
      Undead King from Bones 5 Core Set. 
      I gave him a backstory of going mad and believing the infestation of rats that brought plague to his ancient kingdom were loyal subjects rising up to kill the "traitors" that actually were just innocent civilians. He rummaged through the corpses of his former subjects and found the means to become a lich and raise a skeletal army to defend his "loyal" rat followers.

• By R2ED
      Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors.  I think he came out okay.  Sometimes simple is good, right?

Battle Report!

Wins:
      * Cape and layers came out well.
      *  Staff shading was good.
      * metal highlights worked out well.  Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
      *  brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.

Misses:
      * The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough.  I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad.  Then went back and just did similar tones.
      *  I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look.  Open to suggestions you may have.
      *  Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.

Open to feedback on this one.  
      I also need some good basing ideas.

• By R2ED
      Got two more nearly done.

I tried do keep the translucent look to the hands.  I love the technique that was shared with me a while back about "priming" these with matte medium to help paint stick to them and not lose that clear look.

Wins:
      * Both hands came out pretty good with easy enough highlighting with dry brushing.
      * The purple was an interesting attempt.  I had actually tried using a purple wash below in the smoke area, but it didn't go well.  Swapped it back to blue.
      *  The purpled did, however keep more of that 'clear' look more than the blue did.  
      * The smoke effects came out great.  I used a blue ink to tint and fill in the deeper areas.  Then drybrushed a prussian blue.  Then lightened it up to a sky blue.  Then finally to white.  Cool effect!

Misses:
      * I wish there was a better way to do the cut-off portion of the wrist on both of these.  They just don't have a lot of interest there with them going from smoke to hand.  I'd love some ideas.
      *  The knuckles on the blue hand was a little too strong.  I think I should have stayed to a lighter blue more than going to a white.  
      *  Maybe should have avoided the edge highlight around the wrist area.

Now, what the heck do I do with these?  I'm going to fill in the stone work below them to have a blue hue to them like they are getting radiant light from the hands, but not sure what else needs to be done?  Interesting and fun!
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)