Rackham Goblin Klune Militiaman

Jester

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW :wub:

That looks great, again I love the use of colors, it adds so much to the model. The nose, and mouth area and the bluen in the ears. Don't even get me started on the shield.

I busted my paints out and got an hours work in tonight. I WAS happy with my results :down: Looks like I gotta pack everything back up and pick a new hobby. ANy suggestions???

WOW :wub:

That looks great, again I love the use of colors, it adds so much to the model. The nose, and mouth area and the bluen in the ears. Don't even get me started on the shield.

I busted my paints out and got an hours work in tonight. I WAS happy with my results :down: Looks like I gotta pack everything back up and pick a new hobby. ANy suggestions???

Yah, come back to Minneapolis and take some more time in my studio. I'll whip your butt into shape, Matt. ::D:

I painted a face of a wolfen working from top down like a certain person showed me and I am quite proud of it. I am using grey fur and mixed some browns and blues to it to give it more depth and different hues as well. Thin paints and no brush marks to boot. ::D:

It is not my best work, but seeing it is my first work in a long time, I am happy.

Anyway that face is friggin amazing and that closeup shot truely shows you as a master of your art.

Do you know he paints with both of his hands floating. (not braced against anything). If I did not brace my left hand against the table when I painted the shaking of my hands would be so bad that I couldn't paint as well as a sever year old.

Didn't realize that anyone ever picked up on that. It's always the way I've painted, and also, if anyone bumps the table, etc. I'm safe from accidental brush strokes.

As far as scrubbing paint, it's like wet blending - I think - but it's just getting down thin layers and working the paint together. I work down in color value and up in color value. It really depends on what colors I'm using and where.

One of the most important things decided on is what color to underpaint the area before I start adding in colors. Take the skin on the Goblin... first it was scrubbed with Pale Sand, then I worked in Flat Green, Royal Blue and Burnt Umber and back up also. It's a completely chaotic form of painting... Thank god for my Series 7s as they take the abuse and love it!

Digital [email protected] got to experience just a little view of it first hand. But I'm still new to this technique. I haven't done very many pieces yet and so I still think I'm getting the hang of it.

Anyway that face is friggin amazing and that closeup shot truely shows you as a master of your art.

Master? Heh... not really. I'm just still having fun slapping paint around. I still like to call myself a hack.

You did a great job on this. I was just looking at this model yesterday and thinking it would be a nice one to work on. Well done, again...

::):

Again?

What do you mean by again? Like I can't consistently do good work? ::P:

Just kidding... :lol: