Sophie and friends Bones 4 - not sure what one?

R2ED

One of the others I plucked out of the Bones 4 set.  It looked fun, so I grabbed it.

Battle Report!

20210912_162717.thumb.jpg.7eec1f8008eed67bd7159fd8d687a901.jpg

Wins:

* Armor was a fun use of blues added in.  I watched Dr. Faust doing something similar to create some really cool effects.  Mine obviously not as good, but I think it was alright.

* The skin was a big win for me.  I did it as a nice, slow build up and took my time with laying it up.  It worked great on her face.

*  I was getting lost in the tid bits on her belt, but just used browns and then hlghlighted them up.  It actually worked out pretty well.  Better than I intended.

*  Cape was a slight win, but not perfect.  

*  Hair went better this time, but I'm still having a hard time pointing out where the light hights on the curved areas.  

Misses:

*  NMM on swords.  I tried it again and then failed.  Wiped it out and covered it up with metallic. 

* Flower should have been left with orange color and white tips, but I went too far by connecting the tips across.  It lost the deail going with more white.  Should have stopped.

* I started using purple ink to separate the plates, but it just wasn't working.  I think I need to do more blacklining and not worry about adding in colors.  

Overall, she looks good.  The win here was the face and some of the highlights. 

Progress photo (nearly last photo before finishing it off)

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 12

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic