• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By monoRAIL
      Painted with acrylics and oil paints.
      Work-in-progress photos and videos on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cokane/

• By Zloyduh
      Just in time for the season!
      I happened to be going through some sort of a creativity crisis.  I would start on a figure and almost right away stop feeling it.
      This guy seemed to shake me up quiet nicely.  Although, I did get tired at the end and rushed a few things.  But, as I remember, the profys recommend "paint more minis" as oppose to sitting over one for eternity trying to get it to perfection.

• By strawhat
      I wasn't originally going to do a WIP for these.  I've taken so many pictures and just junked them, and it's not like I'm a competition-level painter.  I always feel like a kid wearing Dad's shoes when I do a WIP--just going around pretending to be of a level that I'm simply "not."  Still, I need to keep some notes somewhere.  So here we go...

Merfolk Rangers:

I have finally gotten the blue to where I want it.  I started off with Ritterlich Blue, but that was too dark, it kept reading as black when I would take pictures. I finally resolved to starting with Brilliant Blue.  I gave it a heavy drybrush with Cyan Blue, and then I bumped up the Cyan Blue with a bit of Sky Blue (2:1 or 3:1).  Now it finally looks "Blue" and not "Black".  I'll be adding some black details later, so it's important that there is enough contrast to be visible.

I feel like I started the skin off too dark.  Those dark lines are all that I can see, now.

I'm starting the fins with Sun Yellow.  I'll be putting some Pure Black (or super dark blue) edges on the fins as well as a stripe and loop design down the side.

I still don't know what I'm doing with these two.  Those greens will not stay, they're just not working for me.  Not even a little bit.

Such a dark brown, made from a 3:2 mix of Red Shadow to Green Black (or was it Black Green?).  I'll be bringing that up a bit with some reddish browns.  Then I've got some orange and white details to do on the bodies and fins.  And I need to figure out where I'm going with the flesh on the female guard.  The male guard is going with some Olive Skin triad.

The crest is the Gory Red triad, and the armor is done with the golds.  I just need to put the top layers on.

I didn't actually paint a tank top on the redhead.

There is such a dramatic difference between tail lengths.  The tails started off with straight Moth Green.  I mixed 1:1 with Maggot White, and then drybrushed straight Maggot White.  Pure Black for the stripes.  I'll probably do some more work on those stripes for some depth.  They should probably be widened a bit, too.

The ginger started off with Carrottop Red and Highlight Orange.  I used Saffron Sunset for the final drybrush.  The black hair is just Pure Black and given a little bit of a drybrush with the same Red Shadow/Black Green mix on the Guards' tails.  Her shells were done with the Bone Colors triad.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all you denizens of Reapershire!

So been working a little bit more on some Bones V goodness, and today I finished the Female Halfling from the Dungeon Dwellers set:

As always, couldn't choose colors, but once I got the colors figured out, it was pretty smooth sailing from there.  I have a little bit of flash issues, it seems that plastic flash works a bit differently than metal. I am seemingly merciless with metal flash, but too cautious with the Bones material, but I don't know if that can be noticed or not here.  In any case, enjoy and have a very nice weekend!
    • By Venun
      My first Bones 5 mini, after receiving the full package a few weeks ago, is the Mamlord / Mammotaur from the Fan Favorites expansion.
      I have no idea how i want to use this in my D&D games, but it was just screaming at me to stop unpacking and start painting.
      So I did. That guy can scream loud and intimidating, I'm sure you would have aswell!

I went for humanoid skin with the skin triad instead of a wash (first time), and chose to fill his weapon with gemstones instead of iron pieces or such (first time gemstone painting aswell).
      Overall I'm quite happy and pleased on the results!

note: The toenails have been darkened since taking the photo's with a sepia wash.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)