Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it. I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought.
As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal. Dang it!
I made the bands on the blade smaller.
Added more metal details.
Added more accent color.
Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great.
His backpack gave me some trouble. I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off. Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on.
Got another one in this week. I'm on a roll!
Still doing my work on these marines looking for a color combo I really like. I completed Red, Blue, Green, and Black. I've got 2 more color schemes to test, which are Grey and White. We'll see in the coming days how much energy I've got for them.
This one came out pretty good.
I still need to base and touch up his sword with more color, but he's pretty much done outside of that. Enough for me to post in WIP.
The process was pretty good and I'm learning that these sub-assemblies help a TON in getting to those insanely hard to reach spots. I took pictures of what the sub assembly looks like just to what my method was and hopefully helps others struggling.
Finished the Paint job on another marine. I'll need to come up with a cool base. I planned out this time black, red, yellow, blue colors.
Here's the first one of this set up.
Here's the purebred.
Give me feedback. If you'd like this black background let me know.
Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set. So so so much to paint still.
Here we go. The necromancer.
I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo. That stuff has terrible coverage. Chalky. And thinning it makes it take forever to dry. Not a fan. Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."
I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works. I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't. She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.
Got the first set of 5 done. I bought 5 Santas (one was in my bones 5), 4 Mrs. Claus, 4 Christmas mouselings. I'm preparing a holiday ornament and diorama for friends to give them.
Santa is now complete, but still need to get him on his base with Mrs. Claus.
I painted my first santa with a black primer. It took about 4 or 5 layers to get red to actually show and not look washed out. I just happened across a youtube video where Paintman Journeying was talking about how laying pink under red will help coverage and saturation. Was worth a try for how many red clothes characters i was about to do.
I then took all of them to base coat with airbrush. And not only that, it gave me a great way to go through more of the BCA pink i have 5 bottles of. Finally i can use it on more things! Warning for others: BCA pink has weird coverage. It's very very very very chalky. I hadn't noticed it on my small parts i use to paint it on like tongues or trinkets, but on big areas i really noticed.
The assembly like setup on these worked great. Painted in this order:
Coat, pants, hat first.
Santa's gift bag (different red) next.
Cream trims next.
Washes on face and bear.
Gloves, boots, and belt.
Packages and trim.
So far so good.