Cyberpunk Red opinions?

haldir

While fantasy rpging will always be my game of choice, lately, I've thought about starting up a sci game & figured I'd make it a cyberpunk game. With this being the latest edition for "cyberpunking", anyone got it? I see Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart kit is only 10 bucks on drivethrurpg right now, so I may take a shot but personal experiences are always appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, haldir said:

While fantasy rpging will always be my game of choice, lately, I've thought about starting up a sci game & figured I'd make it a cyberpunk game. With this being the latest edition for "cyberpunking", anyone got it? I see Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart kit is only 10 bucks on drivethrurpg right now, so I may take a shot but personal experiences are always appreciated.

Have not seen the new version based on the computer game, but there are a lot of comments and reviews on Drivethru.  I see that the complete original CP 2020 version is only $15, and if you decide to make a longer campaign of it many compatible books are available for that edition. 

I'd look for  Listen up You Primitive Screwheads if you are new to the system. 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, Inarah said:

I'd look for  Listen up You Primitive Screwheads if you are new to the system. 

This book is great for any modern of futuristic game, the advice is hilarious and very useful. My favorite is the monowire at head height or the mine under the bed. :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, haldir said:

Picked up the Jumpstart box on drivethru this morning. I may or may not run a once a month game at my FLGS or see if my Saturday guys wanna change things up 1 week a month. We shall see.

I got it with a Humble Bundle a while back and haven't checked it out yet. I'd be curious to see what your take on it is, if you get around to it.