2021 Reaper Calavera contest!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking in Reaperlive but nobody answered me. If the mini isn't available until Oct 1 in the store, how are people in Aus/NZ supposed to get it in time to paint it for the contest?

Stuff like this needs to have some lead time for people who can't get 3 day shipping from Texas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pochi said:

I was asking in Reaperlive but nobody answered me. If the mini isn't available until Oct 1 in the store, how are people in Aus/NZ supposed to get it in time to paint it for the contest?

Stuff like this needs to have some lead time for people who can't get 3 day shipping from Texas.

If the skull plinth won't get to you in time, the contest allows you to paint any Reaper model with a skull in it:

2 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Model to paint for this event:
The Sugar skull or any Reaper model that has a Skull!

Right. But which can you do a better design on? A tiny skeleton is not going to be able to be as detailed as the skull on a plinth. It wasn't even mentioned if Aetherworks would even have them (I am guessing no). It would just be nice to have a level playing field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

Right. But which can you do a better design on? A tiny skeleton is not going to be able to be as detailed as the skull on a plinth. It wasn't even mentioned if Aetherworks would even have them (I am guessing no). It would just be nice to have a level playing field.

The Graveyard Finial Skull toppers might work better for what you want then.

They come several in a pack, are larger skull shapes and closer to design of the plinth. Since they are a larger pack of 8, and you can submit multiple entries, you could likely enter a couple different options for design that way.

• Like 1

I get that there are skull finials and skeletons and the maggotcrown ogre (which I believe is sold out). I am saying that it is not a level playing field for those who would like the same opportunity as the people in the US. If it is for a contest, I think everyone should have the same opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:41 AM, Pochi said:

I have to say Pochi is absolutely right. People like me, who live in the middle of nowhere, gonna start penalized: it will take 3 weeks for any order from Reapermini to make it to me. Also UK hub is still overwhelmed with Bones 5 fulfilling. I know I can use any reaper mini that have a skull in it, but let's face it, the level of detail you can reach painting a bust is impossible to achive on a 32mm skull. 💀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, the skull plinth is not that large.  I would not say it was bust sized. 

1782436717_skull-4copy.jpg.142dfc12d6d61a49e64d676ad128bf2e.jpg

Some of the Bonesylvanians, and the colossal skeleton have heads about the same size.  Those might be in stock where you live. 

(I do agree Reaper should think these things through more often, with international shipping becoming a real issue now)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

FWIW, the skull plinth is not that large.  I would not say it was bust sized. 

1782436717_skull-4copy.jpg.142dfc12d6d61a49e64d676ad128bf2e.jpg

Some of the Bonesylvanians, and the colossal skeleton have heads about the same size.  Those might be in stock where you live. 

(I do agree Reaper should think these things through more often, with international shipping becoming a real issue now)

It looks about double the size of the head of the scion next to it and it is far larger than the standard sized cultists there. I think everyone is calling it a bust because it's a head on a plinth. Busts can be different sizes. Anyway, it looks to me to be significantly larger than even a large sized mini like the scion and way bigger than whatever a standard mini with a skull would be.

• Like 2