Bones 5 Dark Depths 622: Mermaid Ranger

rubegon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely. Her tail both scales and fins are fantastic. I love how you interjected some additional warmth in her fins versus the scales. Also the green and purple combo is beautiful. Just a note for your next Merfolk …For me her shirt falls a bit flat compared to the rest of the mini adding some color to the shadows or highlights would still read as gray but give some depth. Overall a fantastic piece and color combinations. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Iridil said:

Gorgeous - great use of color and I really like the subtle mettalic look your highlighting gave the scales

Thank you!  I pushed the highlights on the scales a bit more than I had at first to try to suggest that metallic/iridescent sheen.  I’m glad it reads that way!  😁

4 hours ago, Marsya said:

Lovely. Her tail both scales and fins are fantastic. I love how you interjected some additional warmth in her fins versus the scales. Also the green and purple combo is beautiful. Just a note for your next Merfolk …For me her shirt falls a bit flat compared to the rest of the mini adding some color to the shadows or highlights would still read as gray but give some depth. Overall a fantastic piece and color combinations. 

I actually struggled with the shirt a bit.  I had so much strong color already I wasn’t sure where to go with it.  This is a much more bold color scheme than I normally do, so I’m well outside my comfort zone!

I considered a dark gold color, but then thought the pendant would blend in.  Thanks for your comments and suggestions - I’ll try that next time!

• Like 1