So I am putting together a paint order and I want to order some new black paints.   My preference is for MSP bones paint but will take them from any line.  First is there a grey black or a charcoal color that is more black than grey?  Is there another black paint that has a bit of nuance to it.  Also what is the new black pearl paint that just came out.  Thanks in advance

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SirShanty said:

So I am putting together a paint order and I want to order some new black paints.   My preference is for MSP bones paint but will take them from any line.  First is there a grey black or a charcoal color that is more black than grey?  Is there another black paint that has a bit of nuance to it.  Also what is the new black pearl paint that just came out.  Thanks in advance

I can't give any advice on the Bones/Pathfinder lines as I've my hands full with the regular MSP line!

However, since you're open to other lines:

• Nightshade Purple: This is so dark it is nearly black.
  • Nightmare Black: This one has a lot of blue to it (I sometimes use it as a base/shadow layer for Midnight Blue).  Multiple layers may be required to darken it sufficiently (but I may not have shaken it sufficiently).
  • Coal Black: This one is limited availability.  Normally Reaper releases it in time for the holidays.  This black has blue/green undertones.

And I'm curious to know if the Black Pearl is actually pearlescent, too!

• Thanks 1

I actually happen to have a few Reaper "off blacks".  I think some of these are a result of getting kits.  So, you might not be able to get individual colors like this.

For the following list, I'm comparing them to 09037 - Pure Black.

09328 - Black Indigo  (has a blue tone to it)

09693 - Coal Black (has a grey tone to it) (green tone, as it gets thinner - the green becomes more blue)  very interesting color!

09022 - Nightshade Purple (purple tone)

09289 - Noir Black (looks like a lesser black, but I didn't have a chance to really play with this one yet)

09137 - Blackened Brown (very dark brown, I guess more brown than black, but very dark)

09440 - Ebony Flesh (another very dark brown, actually darker than Blackened Brown)

Hope this helps!

~Z

On 9/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, strawhat said:

And I'm curious to know if the Black Pearl is actually pearlescent, too!

29151 - Black Pearl

This one was a result of a kit.  I believe it was the 2021 Reaper Con swag bag that I bought.

It's a black with a purple tone to it, but it's got metallic particles in it.  So a metallic very dark purple or a metallic black with a purple tone to it.  However you want to describe it.

~Z

Edited by Zloyduh
  • Like 1