2021 Painting during the Pandemic (October's Optimistic Objectives)

As we enter into October, the first month of the last quarter of 2021, what are people painting?

I will start off

Goals for the month of October

•  Paint this month's terrain piece
  •  Paint four warriors for Rangers of Shadow Deep
  •  Paint three figures from my annual box
  •  Paint this month's Mithril miniature

If time permits I want to paint more superheros for Marvel United ( I managed to paint 2)

Hobby goals for 2021

Painting one piece of terrain each month [On track with 10 ]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box ( 5 now)

Painting my Cossack faction for Anno Domini [one down]

Paint some more modern figures for Zona Alfa

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [On track with 10 ]

buckyball

• Like 6

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This month I'm going to paint whatever the heck I want.   I don't have a list but there's a lot going on at the paint table that needs to get finished before more starts.  Things are loosely halloween themed, I painted a vampire today. Got a zombie, a Halloween mousling, and a couple Bonesylvanians in the works along with ruins, and some spooky giant (man eating) plants.  

I will be making a list for Mini-vember, which is sci-fi themed this year. 

• Like 9

On the table right now is

WizKids Treant

Witch Coven (3 and Cauldron)

Unlike last month, where unit painting gave me clearly defined goals, this month is going to be single figures or small groups so I'm not going to pin down a number. But there are some terrain pieces I have in mind...

Small Cornfield (components are old Marx Toy Factory corn and scarecrow)

Small Dead Tree piece (Mark Toy Factory dead trees from a Civil War set)

Small Autumn Tree piece (Marx again.)

• Like 7

I’ve got stuff all over my desk. ::D: Goal #1 OUGHT to be to clean it up, but that’s probably not happening immediately.  I painted three unit stands for my medieval/fantasy campaign set-up last month, and I have several more in various states of progress. So that’s goal 1.5…

1.5: At least two 1/72 8 figure unit stands

2: DBA “army” of Ancient Nubians (it’s only 46 figures) in 1/72; my son is working on his Bronze Age armies lately, and I want to add a new one to the mix

3: Something with horses; I keep avoiding painting them, and I need to break myself of that

• Like 8

I think I'm taking this month off. I'm debating doing Minivember again myself. I keep telling myself I'm not going to do it but then get drawn back to it. Might help with getting the Bones 5 stuff kicked into high gear. I may just do a totally unplanned Minivember. Just paint a mini I pull out of a pile but I dunno if I have the brain power to do that because I like to super plan. Maybe I'll just dedicate the month to getting my backlog of photos done.

• Like 7

My main focuses for this month... 

- more work on the Zaku 1 Sniper conversion kit

- waterslide decals applied to at least one kit (I've got my RG RX-178 Mk II, my RG Force Impulse Gundam, and my MG Wing Gundam Zero EW Ver.Ka I can do) 

- Paint Sir Fuzzbutt (my Eevee Quick! kit) 

• Like 6

On 10/4/2021 at 8:07 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I think I'm taking this month off. I'm debating doing Minivember again myself. I keep telling myself I'm not going to do it but then get drawn back to it. Might help with getting the Bones 5 stuff kicked into high gear. I may just do a totally unplanned Minivember. Just paint a mini I pull out of a pile but I dunno if I have the brain power to do that because I like to super plan. Maybe I'll just dedicate the month to getting my backlog of photos done.

I'm planning a Minivember set so I guess that means I'm probably doing it.

• Like 7

Goals, mechs, mechs and more mechs. Been on a big Battletech kick playing online and in person. Divided all my mechs up into several groups and have been painting some. With what I'd done earlier I have about 40 finished and 80 to go with half of that base coated. And because I'm insane and have a compulsion to have many options (and minis) I've started 3D printing mechs I have stls for so each team can have some of the same mechs. A month ago I thought I had enough yet the hordes are growing. Material costs are minimal so it's really only time to do this. Love the 3D printer, at least when it works.

• Like 5

8 figures from the core set finished! 
and 2 more started. Plus fixing up the king of hell from August and painting a canvas for my sister.  

the second half the month will be less productive, a six day road trip and having actual employment will reduce painting time. 

51261472-7E30-4E97-9360-B484E3090ABD.jpeg

• Like 9