GETTING TO KNOW YOU OCTOBER 2021- BY GLITTERWOLF

Glitterwolf

On 10/1/2021 at 12:32 PM, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION OCTOBER 1st. to 3rd.

Do you have a spooky recipe for Halloween Food?

Make it!

Show Pics!

Share the Recipe?

I brewed a chocolate porter today. I suppose you could say something like "it's as black as a vampire's heart" to make it spooky. But otherwise, no, I don't have any spooky recipes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Make it!

Show Pics!

Share the Recipe?

Nah, I just treat as a regular day of the year. Depending on what day Halloween falls on, I may or may not be in bed, getting some sleep before work that night.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the word “Spooky” is throwing everyone off their game……?

On 10/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I am a little surprised no one has said, “Pumpkin Pie”image.jpeg.fe1199d81947c5878d1cc14e430515c6.jpeg

Make it!

Kitchen remains broken. Couldn’t, even if I knew how…

Show Pics!

Not my picture but

image.jpeg.fe1199d81947c5878d1cc14e430515c6.jpeg

Share the Recipe?

Ingredients:

One Pumpkin

Some other stuff that belongs in pies

Instructions:

1. Cut open and disembowel a pumpkin. 
2. Discard the seeds, save the husk. 
3. Bake the remaining mess into a pie. 
4. While it bakes, carve a gruesome grinning, visage into the empty husk. 

There it is. As spooky as you please. 
It’s all about the phrasing really. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Make it!

Show Pics!

Share the Recipe?

Why are we doing Halloween stuff when the actual day is a month away?

On the bright side, I suppose it prevents us having to start dreading Christmas.

Bah, humbug!

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Why are we doing Halloween stuff when the actual day is a month away?

On the bright side, I suppose it prevents us having to start dreading Christmas.

Bah, humbug!

There's already a painting thread in the Halloween spirit as well. My questions will be a bit in that direction but not entirely Halloween only. Sorry if you don't like it. If more people hate it let me know then I'll change the subject.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CRYPTID CREATURE ?

BONUS

DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE REAL AFTER ALL?

The mini painter who either finishes every mini they buy, or who is actually having their backlog steadily grow smaller because they're painting more than they're buying... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

BONUS

I don't really have a favorite, they're all pretty interesting. As to the reality of them, I would have to put Bigfoot as the most likely. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

or who is actually having their backlog steadily grow smaller because they're painting more than they're buying... 

I'm officially a cryptid now! 

• Haha 10

On 10/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Make it!

Show Pics!

Share the Recipe?

In the Times Before Now, we used to make loads of Halloween based stuff for the big annual spooky party. Now, not so much. We always went to this site for inspiration 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easy-halloween-recipes

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

Kelpies or water horses. They look nice and friendly and will even let you get up onto their back. Then your hands get tangled in their manes and they'll run into the water, drown you and eat you. My Granny always warned us to never approach single white horses on the beach or black horses near inland lochs because these things are absolutely murderous. 

BONUS

Possibly. I've seen solitary white horses walking along beaches in Skye and the Apple cross peninsula who never seem to leave the wet sand. We occasionally saw one when on holiday in North Uist that none of the nearby land owners claimed as their own. We kept well away from them. I'm not messing with anything like that, which was a great source of amusement to my friends because normally you can't keep me away from horses. Sometimes it's best to listen to that little voice in your head, just occasionally it can be right.

That said, my favorite sculpture is called the Kelpies. If these ones ever turn on us we'll definitely be in trouble! 

visitscotland_34232250972-1200x800.thumb.jpg.e9a7c0729a1713b7bf81b7006b983220.jpg

Falkirk-Kelpies.thumb.jpg.cd60eb79ccb600391007d231b5b7ede8.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

In the Times Before Now, we used to make loads of Halloween based stuff for the big annual spooky party. Now, not so much. We always went to this site for inspiration 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/easy-halloween-recipes

Kelpies or water horses. They look nice and friendly and will even let you get up onto their back. Then your hands get tangled in their manes and they'll run into the water, drown you and eat you. My Granny always warned us to never approach single white horses on the beach or black horses near inland lochs because these things are absolutely murderous. 

Possibly. I've seen solitary white horses walking along beaches in Skye and the Apple cross peninsula who never seem to leave the wet sand. We occasionally saw one when on holiday in North Uist that none of the nearby land owners claimed as their own. We kept well away from them. I'm not messing with anything like that, which was a great source of amusement to my friends because normally you can't keep me away from horses. Sometimes it's best to listen to that little voice in your head, just occasionally it can be right.

That said, my favorite sculpture is called the Kelpies. If these ones ever turn on us we'll definitely be in trouble! 

visitscotland_34232250972-1200x800.thumb.jpg.e9a7c0729a1713b7bf81b7006b983220.jpg

Falkirk-Kelpies.thumb.jpg.cd60eb79ccb600391007d231b5b7ede8.jpg

What kind of Lord of the Rings sculptural shenanigans is going on in Scotland? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

Nessie

BONUS

I hope they discover some sort of massively sized eel or something. 

I hope yes. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

BONUS

Mothman. Yes, he is real. He tried to sabotage my folks' wedding.

I also really like all the cryptids from Greek and Roman "historians." I swear some of that stuff reads like they were sitting around trying to come up with the craziest creatures they could for their roleplaying sessions. 

Oh, and a nod of appreciation to @Kuroneko's Scottish Burryman. I've been spreading that story to all other other folks around the state who routinely get covered in burrs and beggar ticks in the line of work. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The mini painter who either finishes every mini they buy, or who is actually having their backlog steadily grow smaller because they're painting more than they're buying... 

For a while last year I was actually painting through more minis than I was purchasing. I was below 700 minis in my backlog at one point. But then Bones V arrived, along with several other kickstarters, and now I'm safely inundated with more miniatures than I have storage for. This is good, it was like my lifeforce was draining away there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

QUESTION OCT. 4th.

BONUS

My favorite Cryptid is Mokele Mbembe ( the African Nessie)

Could it be real?

Probably not since a huge sauropod would have been discovered by now, especially since even the most remote tribe might have a cellphone these days..

But one can hope, right?

• Like 8