Glitterwolf

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION Oct. 6th.

What is you favorite Halloween Candy ( to give or to get)?

Everything, as long as it's chocolate.

Good old plain M&Ms; they're chocolate which is generally always well received, and you don't have to worry about nut allergies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

My mum used to make sure the costumes fit over the winter jackets. There sure were a lot of "Kids from South Park" in my neighbourhood. 

My parents did this too, and went a step above, by sneaking in adjustment straps to cinch things down if it wasn't ten below and snowing heavily.  Joys of trick or treating here in Alberta - it's either decent weather at that time or its full blown winter. 

Or its like today, and we're getting the revenge of Saskatchewan (they dealt with smoke from BC and Alberta for two months, now they're fighting back!) 

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION Oct. 6th.

Tootsie Rolls are pretty good... As is candy corn... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION Oct. 6th.

Well I don't do much in the way of candy anymore. The older I get the less I'm able to process certain types of sugars. But when I was able to eat whatever it would have been M&M's. Funny thing is I tried some a couple of years ago after not having eaten any in years and now they taste like garbage to me. Weird how that happens. 

Now for giving away candy we go with anything chocolate, and giant bags of it. I'm not giving out full sized candy bars or anything over here, but I've got big hands and each kid who comes to the door gets a handful. Which makes us pretty popular on Halloween. A few years ago a pack of kids thought they were being clever by trying to swap out costumes/cover up with coats/try to create new costumes out of bits of each others/etc... and come to the door multiple times. I let them get away with it four times before pointing out they weren't actually deceiving anyone. But at that point we were shutting down for the night so I just dumped the remainder of our candy in their bags. Talk about excited kids!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't think costumes need to be scary, though scary can be fun. I particularly enjoy clever. I also really like the people who pour a ton of themselves into their costume. It always shows. 

I'm pretty much equal opportunity when it comes to candy. I particularly enjoy the peanut butter kisses and candy corn, since they are kinda seasonal. I don't mind raisins. We used to have a dentist in town who gave out toothbrushes. 

As for giving out candy I haven't had any trick or treaters in years, so I stopped trying, but I always have the good stuff mixes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION Oct. 6th.

I don't think I've ever bought candy to give out. No kids come to my place, so I go out with the nieflings or hang out at a friend's. 

Being rural, we used to tour all the farms at Halloween. It was like visiting a convenience store at each one. You would get a full sized chocolate bar, a can of soda and a bag of chips. Fortunately, my dad was pretty good about not shooting the breeze, so we usually got to do a lot of places. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION Oct. 6th.

Give: the premium stuff. I don't want to be the house with the toilet papered trees. I give the teens extra candy. Bribes work.

Get: I'm a Reese's monkey.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1