Dwarf Queen's Tomb Conversion for the Bones 5 "Dwarf King's Crypt" Encounter

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that I would suggest is to take some plasticard and cut it to the shape of the kings boots soles and put them on the underside of the skirt. At the moment, that part looks a bit flat and missing detail compared to the rest. Just the slight work would add a lot there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!

10 hours ago, SotF said:

Only thing that I would suggest is to take some plasticard and cut it to the shape of the kings boots soles and put them on the underside of the skirt. At the moment, that part looks a bit flat and missing detail compared to the rest. Just the slight work would add a lot there.

This a good idea!  I might be able to salvage the boot soles off of the King that I removed from the conversion tomb. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

I finally got to paint my King's and Queen's tomb this past week.  I used @SotF's suggestion before I did, and cut some shoe soles from a bit of Bones sprue to glue to the bottom of the Queen.  I agree that it helped the appearance.  

I decided to go with blue marble for the tombs.  I also decided not to get involved with converting the interior corpse figure to match the queen, as the play value vs time investment  did not make it seem worth it. 

Full painting blog post: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/11/durmans-tomb-and-queens-tomb-bones-5.html

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 20

7 hours ago, Pochi said:

Gorgeous! They look so good!

I didn't pick up two but I do have a couple other sarcophagi. I wonder if I can convert one of them. I hope you don't mind if I blatantly steal your idea!

Thank you!

And no worries about idea theft. I do it all the time myself! ::):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1